On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021

On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 1 month, 1 week ago #1

<p>It's been a while since I have contributed to this topic. A fellow collector showed me these 2 Matchbox cars and it came with a question.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you guess what the question was?</p>

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 1 month, 1 week ago #2

I think you can. He wanted to know if I could make this out of them:

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 1 month, 1 week ago #3

<p>So I thought hard and long about it and I agreed. There are some issues concerning the placement of the rear window. It can only be attached before glueing the back, but I will learn as I go along with it. Here are a few photos of the progress.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 1 month, 1 week ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Now comes the next hard part, cutting up the Jag. This will be an interesting topic to follow.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 1 month, 1 week ago #5

Platinum Boarder
This will be an interesting one to follow , especially with the small scale , I look forwards to it .

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 1 month ago #6

Thanks guys, Jim the Jag won't be cut up. I shall place the hearse part on top of it. Much easier that way

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
If that works for you. Will be watching.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 1 month ago #8

This coming week I can work on it

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I can not wait to see the end.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 2 weeks, 5 days ago #10

Time to finally give an update on the progress. And stay tuned for a nice surpise

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 2 weeks, 5 days ago #11

Last few months were very hard. After 19 years with the same company, I lost my job. Being 59 years young, it wasn't easy to find a new job, but luckily there were a few companies interested in me so I started working on the first of August, selling safety equipment, shoes, helmets, gloves and clothing. IN the meantime I had time to working on the conversion of the Jag and the Cadillac conversion into a hearse. You have seen the first steps. Next was to soak the sturdy Matchbox paint in thinner for a week and after that I planned to attach the roof section onto the roof of the Jag. I made the roof section fit the Jag body. A lot of filing, fitting an adapting before I had the result I wanted. Then I used a two-component liquid metal to glue to the roof to the body. The base was painted black and the rear bumper section was adapted to fit too. A nice detail is that the rear numberplate section was still visible.
The next step is to paint the body black. Inspired of course by Mick I see a red Jagger and I want to paint it black......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, lark6

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 2 weeks, 5 days ago #12

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 2 weeks, 5 days ago #13

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 2 weeks, 5 days ago #14

<p>Oh, and are you in for the nice surprise? Just one teaser to see if you get it.....
</p>
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 5 days ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench August 2021 2 weeks, 5 days ago #15

Platinum Boarder
That looks a really neat fit to the Jag, really clever fit , is there a pick up in the making too?
  • Page: