Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Foden Flatbed Restoration

Re: Foden Flatbed Restoration 1 week, 4 days ago #16

That is a very good restoration and a very clever way of making a tailboard. You wrote about the liquid masking fluid. Can you tell me what that exactly looks like?

Re: Foden Flatbed Restoration 1 week, 4 days ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done and looks like a match to the original rear board. Great work and good pictures and description. Thanks for showing.

Re: Foden Flatbed Restoration 1 week, 2 days ago #18

Platinum Boarder
I have been inspired by this to do my 502 Foden Flat truck with headboard only. The chassis is not cracked but it is bent in a long curve. It looks like those pre-stressed flat decks I see on our highways here in BC. I have to address that. I have no idea how long this will take me as spring is almost here and the last of the finishing touches will be going on the deck soon and then yard work etc takes up my time during spring. Lots of dead leaves on plants like Iris and Gladiolas that need to be trimmed. Having said that, I woke up to snow on the ground this morning. LOL
I will start a new thread on this truck of mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Foden Flatbed Restoration 1 week, 1 day ago #19

Expert Boarder
I have used a product from Japan called Mr. Masking Sol on some of my other models which works good. On this project, after buffing the tow hook to a high gloss, I mixed a drop of food colour in with some Elmer's white craft glue and painted it on. When all other painting was done the butt end of the trailer was put in a dish of water for about an hour and the glue/mask just peeled off.

I did a Corgi Rover 2000 last year on this forum using this method to do two-tone details, but I didn't like the results. I like the paint separation I get with the Mr Masking Sol better for fine detail line separation. It also softens when immersed in water and just peels off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Foden Flatbed Restoration 1 week, 1 day ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done and great creativity and step by step pics of the tail board

Re: Foden Flatbed Restoration 4 days, 12 hours ago #21

Expert Boarder
Great job on the rear board and an excellent end result. Love that metallic blue - not TOO metallic.
  • Page: