Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration

Re: Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration 6 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Cheap pen from the Dollar store. One gold and one silver. I used the gold for the aircraft wheels I did a while ago. That is why I bought them but did not use the silver until this Foden Grille. I must say they work well but you need 3 coats minimum to hide the body color underneath.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration 4 months, 1 week ago #32

Platinum Boarder
IT LOOKS FACTORY TO ME
dinkyboy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration 3 months, 3 weeks ago #33

Platinum Boarder
<p>I've posted multiple times here that restorations aren't my thing. I don't do them (except minor repairs or replace parts) and I don't typically desire them in my collection. However, I love seeing what you guys can do. This one is a beauty. really nice work and I love the step by step photos. I like the addition of the bed cover.</p>
<p>Thanks for showing us your process </p>
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Tick.

Re: Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration 3 months, 3 weeks ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Shane. The Canopy is from SF and he says it is not a copy of an original but is good for restores and re-painters. I agree. I still have to finish off the tail board version from last winter, just can't seem to get motivated on it. Too much outside to see and do now. I will get it done and I hope soon but I need to be in the mood so to speak.

Re: Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration 3 months, 3 weeks ago #35

Platinum Boarder
a pleasure seeing this finished , it looks fresh out of the toy shop.

Re: Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration 3 months, 3 weeks ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Andy and all others who have commented on this truck. It sits on my desk now. I do like the addition of the canopy and the addition of the trailer. The trailer I have had for years and it was just on display until this restoration.

Re: Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration 3 months, 3 weeks ago #37

Jim, is that canopy made out of tin? If so do tou prime it with an anti-rust primer, or just your regular primer?

Re: Dinky 901 Foden Open Truck Restoration 3 months, 3 weeks ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Yes, it is tin. I use my regular primer on it. You could use anti-rust primer if you like though.