Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 4 weeks, 1 day ago #16

Expert Boarder
Really nice work on these.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 4 weeks, 1 day ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Thanks and I have loads of restorations on the site. I used to do restorations world wide from Canada, USA, Mexico, Australia and even Peru among other countries. I gave it up back in 2013 due to stress and other things in my life. Now I restore for my own collection and really enjoy it again. No pressure to do it this way or that way. I try to do stock restorations to as close to original as I can get but still leave some tell tales of it being my work. Rivets and base plates are different, sometimes it is the details or the paint schemes. I have done many colors of two tone Dinky 151 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith's They are fun to do.
Glad you like the work. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: lark6

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 4 weeks, 1 day ago #18

Expert Boarder
I joined this site a couple of years ago with the intention of picking up tips about restoration. My enthusiasm has come and gone so I haven't got very far. But I have 5 models, Dinkys and Corgis, about ready for an undercoat on my bench. I'm going to do them in non-original colours as I have the originals.
The 151 Rolls is a good candidate for colour variations, having only been produced in grey. I will post a pic of a very nice restoration in 2-tone green that I bought last year.

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 4 weeks ago #19

Platinum Boarder
This sounds good. Another restorer among us . If you need tips on restoration look to How to Tips and hints section in Restos and Customs in the main forum list.
There are also lots of different restorations in the Resto and Customs section for almost any Dinky and lots of Corgi and Matchbox too. Any questions and we here can help you out with other tips or methods you may run into or need.
Good luck and have fun as that is what it is about to me and lots of others here.
Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: peekay

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 3 weeks, 5 days ago #20

Well Peekay, can't wait for the photos

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 3 weeks, 5 days ago #21

Platinum Boarder
looking forwards to seeing them

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 3 weeks, 5 days ago #22

Expert Boarder
Here's the restored Rolls I bought. I think I paid a bit over £20 for this, which seems not bad considering the nice work and new grille and bumpers. Like I said, I haven't completed a restoration myself yet but have bought a few and I'll show those in a separate thread.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 3 weeks, 5 days ago #23

Platinum Boarder
That is very nice and I see the line split on the two colors is on the lower line instead of under the windows. It is very nice and a good restoration in my view. The Green on Green I did was lighter on both colors but the dark color was close to your light color.
it is on this site in Restorations.

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 3 weeks, 4 days ago #24

Could you show a photo of the base please?

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 3 weeks, 4 days ago #25

Expert Boarder
The base:

Another shot that highlights what looks like glue from a price sticker:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 3 weeks, 4 days ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Looks like SF rivets to me. I would tend to agree with you Peekay in that it looks like glue to me too.

Re: Dinky 443 Studebaker Tanker National Benzole Restoration 2 weeks, 4 days ago #27

Yes, they look like Steve's rivets. Nice restoration!
  • Page: