New projects on the bench March 2020
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: New projects on the bench March 2020

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years, 1 month ago #31

Platinum Boarder
I wish I had somewhere to go here to get paint mixed and put in a spray can for me. Solve a lot of my paint problems. Alas there is no one here in my part of BC and I think there is only 1 in Vancouver and maybe one on Vancouver Island but not sure. When I did ask about it you could still mail paint and they said about $50.00 Canadian for a regular tall can and $35.00 for a short can. I had to supply a 6" x 6" patch of the color to them. That meant that I had to paint something to what I wanted and that usually takes 2 good coats to achieve as most of the restorers here can tell you. I have not pursued it in years. I an having a hard time trying to get Steve's paint via courier. Still has not happened.

I am waiting to see the next steps in these Atlas Repaints. I like it so far.
The El Camino is one I don't have and would like. My buddy here used to own one and it was all black. Great car and fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years, 1 month ago #32

Platinum Boarder
I am lucky I have a car paint shop with in walking distance , I take a model in and they give me loads of colour match cards to work out what colour I need then they mix and rattle can it for me.

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years, 1 month ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Nice, our body shops don't do that for customers. You have to go to the auto parts store to order or get the paint and they don't rattle can it for you. They can't up here anyway. Maybe there are more at the coast but I only found 2 paint shops that could do it and they were too far a way and too pricey. Can't ship paint cans in Canada, they have to go Fed Ex or who ever and that ads another $20.00 to the price.

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #34

Did some detailing

The following user(s) said Thank You: lark6

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #35

Is it worthwile bending the doorhandles back to its original position? If I take this resto on ofcourse. Heat and a pair of pliers should do the trick?

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Nice work on the details. Looks professional for sure.
As to the door handles, take the doors of or not you have to heat that up to about 200F and let it sit in there for half an hour. Then you can bend the handles but don't try to do them all the way back in one go. Maybe half way each time. That should do it.

Is this the Pallet-Jecta?

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #37

Platinum Boarder
What an eye catcher the Chevy that blue is really striking. Good luck with those door handles I have straighten some up before but not on the Jeckta

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #38

Yes it is the pallet Jekta

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #39

I shall post the restoration of the Pallet Jekta in a separate thread

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #40

Some restos were finished today

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #41

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #42

Platinum Boarder
Both nicely done and with your usual care to details. Nice work Theo.

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #43

Platinum Boarder
WOW!!! Nice work!

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #44

Platinum Boarder
Weel done. I like the box.

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 3 years ago #45

Expert Boarder
The El Camino has been one of my favourite Dinkys since it was new and this is a beautiful restoration.