New projects on the bench March 2020
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: New projects on the bench March 2020

New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1

<p>Today there was a box delivered with the following 3 Dinky Toys:<br />930 Bedford Pallet Jekta Van <br />538 Ford Taunus 12M Atlas Issue<br />540 Opel Kadett Atlas Issue</p>
<p>These are all to be restored. The Ford and Opel in red, The Pallet Jekta in the yellow/orange livery.</p>
<p>Does anyone have the correct paint references for me?</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #2

I think the most challeging one is the 930. I have not handled the pallet mechanism before

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I have the Steve Flowers colors for you. The upper is his #17 Yellow/Cream and the Lower is #9 Orange/Yellow. Not that it will do you any good as you can't get to his place and he is not at fairs now. I would take it to your hardware store or Auto Parts store and match up the colors as best you can. As far as codes go, I don't have any for you.

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Looks like you have some good work ahead of you. I don't think the pallet parts are that hare. Something similar to cranking the Euclid Dumper but it is a flat bar with teeth. Should not be hard to figure out once it is apart. I have never done that mechanism as the one I did years ago was missing those parts. I did put the restoration here in the Restorations and Customs section. Right at the top. Sorry I can't be more helpful on the paint though.

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #5

THanks Jim,
I think I shall let the be made with the truck itself as a reference for both colors

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Love the Jekta lorry I have said this before , a great model.
The Opel reminds me of the Top Gear Programme when Richard Hammond drove a pale yellow one on a challenge, I am not sure but i heard he kept this car although I may be wrong.

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Yes Theo, that is probably best. Those colors are on a few Dinky Toys.
Lower darker color can be on the 571/971 Coles Mobile Crane, 274 AA Mini Van, 949 Wayne School bus and the 482 Bedford Van.
The lighter upper color is on the 930 of course but also on 191 Dodge Royal Sedan Flash, 480 Bedford Kodak Vn uper, 40A Riley, 514 Guy Warrior Spratt's Van and the 460 ERF Cement Truck.
Those are what SF shows and I have added what I have found fits over the years.

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I also see that yours has Grey tires on it. I have black on mine.
I have not restored it. I have left it as I received it. I did the Jecta with no insides and a trailer for it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #9

Platinum Boarder
That trailer looks well, just looking at this model with the forklifts makes you imagine the real scene at the factory , I bought the earlier forklift to complement my model , the such nice models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #10

And yesterday, this nice El Camino came all the way from Saskatchewan Canada to be restored by me. (Jim, it is Scott's car, thank you )

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #11

Made a start...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Watch those alloy wheels in the vinegar if that is what your using. They will be damaged if left too long. I melted a Cadillac once with vinegar a long time ago. Severely pitted the sides.
The Opel is looking really good so far.
I am glad that Scott is having you do his work now. I am sure he was happy with the Dumper you did for him so he is back. Nice.
He was a very good customer back a number of years ago now. I did quite a few Dinky for him.

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #13

Thanks Jim, the base soaked overnight and came out clean. Ready for primer

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #14

Re: New projects on the bench March 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Looks very good and your ready to paint. The body looks good too. Nice to see clean surfaces to paint on.
Are you able to cleanup and save the screen? and looks like you need a new piece of foam for the interior support.