Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration

Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Maybe I should say Code 3 Restoration but...here we go again with number 6 Two Tone</p>

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
As Received Feb 3 of this year 2021

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Needs a new grille, tires are hard and the rear bumper has plating worn off but is not too bad. I will keep that for another project. The window unit has stickers on it and the glue or what ever did not come completely off or it left marks on the plastic. Not sure which.
I now take it apart.

The GB sticker on the back of the car came of easy

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Now I clean it up.

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Pictures out of order again. Now for some primer.

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #6

Looking good so far Jim. Will it become a two tone grey as the original?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
No, not this time. In fact I am using a color combination that you suggested a while ago.

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Did you manage to get the stickers off in one piece , these were sold in packs by corgi

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
To be honest I did not even try. They were not in good shape and I don't want them on my car anyway.

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Good to see PD getting back to normal with pop-up adverts defacing members pictures!!!

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Interesting. I don't think that this from our site. They stopped advertising on here last year some time. It has been a while at any rate. I copied the same photo to my computer with right click, Save Image As and now here is it using Postimage.org to grab it.

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Did you take a screen shot of this picture? Maybe it is your browser or what ever you use to paste the screen Shot with. It is also in Spanish and I doubt a Canadian company in Ontario will be posting Spanish ads.

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Well, the next steps are in order. Now I give it the top coat of Snow White. I had painted it and set it under my lights for a few days while I was busy with other things. I guess I forgot to take photos of it sprayed in white. Well, here it is all masked and ready for the darker lower color.

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
No real point in taking pictures after the darker color as Black does not show well in this case. You can't really tell where the masking ends and the color starts.

Re: Dinky Rolls Royce Silver Wraith #6 Restoration 5 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Very minor touch ups under the A pillar in the second last picture and on each side at the rear. Hard to make that compound curve even with thin masking tape. So those are done and I put my decal in the roof and then glued in the window unit. I did nothing to it other can Easy Off Oven Cleaner to clean it up well and get rid of the stickers that did not look good. They did leave marks on the plastic but you have the right light and angle to see them. Here is is and when my wife saw it she said OOOOOO That Is nice!

That now makes the two tone grey and 5 code 3 color changes, 6 in all. Still looking for more at cheap prices.
  • Page: