Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration

Re: Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration 8 months ago #31

Expert Boarder
This is a beautiful restoration. I have one of these that I want to do before Dougie Ford lets us out of the house after our current Covid lockdown. Since we can't shop in "real stores" for the next month, finding a close paint match for this wrecker is not convenient when browsing online.

I am sure Jaimie Davis and Al Quiring (Highway Through Hell) would be proud of that resto. By the way Jim, where in BC is "Rust Valley"? I hope you can't tell that I watch to much History Channel while I work on my hobby projects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration 7 months, 4 weeks ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Up in the Shuswap area of BC. Do you have google earth or maps? You can find both Shuswap and Shuswap Lake (great tourist place in the summer) and also Rust Bros Restorer's shop. Google earth comes in handy at times. I watch that and all you have mentioned. Now into Mud Mountain Haulers about the logging industry here in BC and also Highway 401 from out your way. LOL. History Channel junkies welcome.

Re: Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration 7 months, 4 weeks ago #33

Platinum Boarder
You bring up Doug Ford, we have John Horgan and he is just as bad.

Re: Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration 7 months, 4 weeks ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Yep. Ford is funny.
LOCK DOWN!!!!
NO SOCIALIZING !!!!
STAY AT HOME!!!
ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY !!!!!
IT'S THE LAW !!!!

But, if you do go out feel free to grab a Timmy's or a Big Mac as drive thru's are open.

Re: Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration 7 months, 4 weeks ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Out here we call him the Trump of Ontario.

Re: Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration 7 months, 4 weeks ago #36

Platinum Boarder
That's funny.
I actually rather liked him at the beginning of his rein. Upfront and direct which is a lot like Trump I guess, but I liked some of his opinions and straight forwardness about dealing with things. But he's not impressing much these days with COVID

Re: Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration 7 months, 4 weeks ago #37

Platinum Boarder
Like Horgan here in BC, back and forth on the close and open and won't until today vaccinate the front like workers like Ambulance and Police. Dr. Bonny Henry needs to be more forceful too as she is like a very quite person and you can hardly hear her when she talks. I have to turn up the volume to hear her.

Re: Dinky 25x/430 Commer Wrecker Restoration 7 months, 3 weeks ago #38

Expert Boarder
Excellent result as always. I'm waiting on someone else's restoration of one of these, hope it looks this good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco