On RoutemasterNL's bench september/october 2020
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: On RoutemasterNL's bench september/october 2020

On RoutemasterNL's bench september/october 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #1

<p>Time to share another project. A fellow collector asked me to concert a few of these 2CV van into PHILIPS livery. In fact not too difficult. But the difficult thing is: Should the hubs be red or yellow and should the grill be red or silver?</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench september/october 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Red wheels, silver grille.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench september/october 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Looking on line for Dinky Toys C2V Van Phillips and it shows silver box with red decals and yellow truck with yellow hubs, red Grille and decals on the doors. Same page also shows the same truck as i said but with red hubs
I see you already have a start with a silver box on one.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench september/october 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #4

Yes Jim, the hardest part is masking the rest of the car, the silver is easy to apply. All six now with a silver box. Now I have to decide wether to removing the base for easy access to the hubs or leaving it as it is and handpaint the hubs while still on the axle...

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench september/october 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Painting with the base still on is a bit tricky, specially the inside against the base but it will look better with the original rivet still intact. That is what I would do and if you mess up you can always take the truck apart.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench september/october 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #6

Gold Boarder
Hi Theo,
Another possibility is to carefully file or grind away a domed axle end to remove the axles and wheels and leave the baseplate in place.
After that you will have to make new domes to the axles or new axles.
It is a lot of work but the rivet of the baseplate stays intact.
It is just what you prefer.

Best Regards – Wolter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: