Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Corvette team Dormobile

The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok, I finished these about 3 weeks ago (....)</p>
<p>I cleaned up two motor-baseplates, and got them working.</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Keesie.

Re: The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Interesting to see Corgi made small variations all the time. Not only the colour of both is different, but the upper one has an 'open' front axle, the lower one is closed. The upper one has 'patent pending' in the rear, the lower one 'Made in Gt Britain'. I wonder why they did that.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Keesie.

Re: The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>The upper shells are Utilecon Fire Tenders nr 404M. As the ladders were missing, I found two small covers which I placed on top. Yes, the models are sprayed with Action-white-1.90 euros a bottle.</p>
<p>
monthly fitness goals</p>
<p>
best low cal alcohol</p>

Re: The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Corvette racing team stickers made and applied. Yes, the toolboxes are supposed to be inside.</p>
<p>
short term health goals</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done and quite attractive too. Roof air vents is a good replacement for the ladders and turns these Vans into another completely different vehicle.
As to the Patent Pending on one base and not the other is probably due to them being made a different times. The one with would be first and the other is after the patent had been granted.

Re: The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim, 'patent pending' is on both baseplates, only in different places.</p>

Re: The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Then it is hard to tell unless you know when each toy was made. Both are before the patent was granted though.

Re: The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok. So each team has a Corvette, a van for their tooltrolleys and no doubt another vehicle to get the rest of the team to the race track.</p>

Re: The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #9

a personnel bus perhaps? I think I have got a hunch.....

Re: The Corvette team Dormobile 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Theo, I will exolain.....</p>
  • Page: