Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi 310 Two White Corvettes

Corgi 310 Two White Corvettes 2 weeks, 1 day ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>More of the same, I did these many times before. Here a picture of a model I just finished next to all the parts to do another one.</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi 301 Two White Corvettes 2 weeks, 1 day ago #2

Is there some red paint on the base or is it just the reflection of your Mustang?
And did you use the "Action" white paint?

Re: Corgi 310 Two White Corvettes 2 weeks, 1 day ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>Very good Theo!</p>
<p>I left traces of maroon red on the base, and it shines through the gray primer, which was then given ca clear coat. Normally I would think I did something wrong, but it is on the base, on both, and a somewhat nice effect. To be continued when I have finished the second one.</p>

Re: Corgi 310 Two White Corvettes 2 weeks, 1 day ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>No Mustang-red, picture from the work bench. Yes, Action paint, 2 euros a bottle.</p>

Re: Corgi 310 Two White Corvettes 2 weeks ago #5

OK. I have tried that white paint, but am not satisfied by it because in my opinion it is too thin. And therefore I only use Motip white, which is more expensive, but it does the job better in my opinion.

Re: Corgi 310 Two White Corvettes 2 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well, I always try to do the models with means as cheap as possible, of course with the same result as more expensive methods. I I would have to BUY Motip or any othr more expensive paint, I had to sell the models more expensive too. Of course I also have Motip-white, which I actually bought for .........2 euros. Sheer quality is not really a standard, as what is satisfying for you, is maybe not for me or vica versa.</p>
<p>Anyway, most Action paints are indeed thin, but doing several layers I don't think it turned out bad on these Corvettes.</p>
<p>Here the additional pictures, as I finished the second model. The Corvette is one of the only car-models Corgi did with thick inside stands, so I could use rivets.</p>
<p>
five nights at freddy's wallpaper</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi 310 Two White Corvettes 2 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>As I said, both bases have traces of red remains.</p>
<p>