Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hold your horses Theo......</p>
<p>All inner parts back into place.You can see the rivets on the front I left untouched.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The baseplate screwed on. I aded some nice (white of course) detailing. Hard to see, I will make a better picture.</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here a few pictures without flash, as close by as possible.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Yes Theo, your wish.......</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>The final result.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
photo url</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>And the opening parts.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>In the rear I placed a longer screw, which you can see standing up. That was left n purpose, because I glued in a spare wheel. The wheel had a tendency to get under the hinge of the rear door, and when stuck, it does not open. This way the wheel cannot move towards the hinge.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Very ingenious and again a good use of parts. Nice idea on the spare tire too. This set deserves a box now.

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #21

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim. The Jaguar came originally in a plastic bubble on card, terrible for collectors. Therefore I made a box with inner a few years ago, but just for the car, not for the car and boat.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #22

What a great set! You can really be proud of yourself.

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #23

Platinum Boarder
They compliment each other well , you can imagine this back in the sixties with the film star driving it.

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #24

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks. Now you know why I did not place figures in the boat. When towed by a car it would not be right to place them in there, although I was in the proces of making them. Instead I placed them in the car.</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #25

Platinum Boarder
<p>Keesie wrote:
</p>
<p>Thanks Jim. The Jaguar came originally in a plastic bubble on card, terrible for collectors. Therefore I made a box with inner a few years ago, but just for the car, not for the car and boat.</p>
<p>
<br /><br />Now you could make a separate box for your boat or go full Monty and do both I bet you will do the latter LOL.<br /><br />Looks good now they do both.</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I have read the posts in the wrong order and can now see what Kees has done with the boat. A nice car and boat combination in expensive looking paint finish, nice project Kees.

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, I understand what you mean by 'expensive looking paint' ! The whole unit was 5(Jag)+5(boat)+0(trailer)+paint, less than 1 euro, +tyres 2 euros +figures 10 cents,  so let's say 13 euros.</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 4 months, 1 week ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Money well spent and you have lots of paint left for other projects.
  • Page: