Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type

Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I restored several of these Jaguar E-types before in the past. They are not easy to restore, and sometimes several parts are broken or missing, and spare parts are not easy to get.</p>
<p>So, I searched in my drawers for some parts for the Dolphin boat, and saw this cheap E-type........</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>There were several Corgi E-types in the drawer, all nr 335.As you can see one of them has an outside mirror missing.</p>
<p>
hosting images free</p>
<p>
when does tcf bank close</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>Although I restored them all in one go, let me concentrate on one of them first. The exhaust can be carefully clicked off.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
what are fitness goals examples</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>With a lot of these the plastic chromed bumpers are damaged. I will come to that later. Also the chromed engine can be clicked off, and the suspension is just one central spring. Note: the later Whizzwheels model has TWO springs again......</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The early and later inside baseplate.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Because I did models simultaniously, you can also see the Dolphin's trailer in this picture. Here the parts in primer. As you can see the hood is done as one part, with mirrors left on and also the front lights, bumpers and grille. These parts are rivited on, together with  the hinge.  I did not even mask off those parts.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Hey......got the idea to use this blue colour.......</p>
<p>
do betta fish fight each other</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 3 weeks ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>The interior with the 335 is always in black. Sometimes the inside plastic parts of the doors are missing, as are the front seats' moving parts and the rear sliding part in the trunk.</p>
<p>
where is the closest chase bank</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here all sprayed parts. The hood mirrors are left on, as they are not easy to remove. The same goes with the doors: the plastic inner part can be clicked off and on easily, but the in between half-way open glazing is rivited to the metal door. No good trying to dremel them off, because they are small and break. So I masked them off, no problem.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hers some 'side-steps'. You can see some intact doors, including plastic inner. I made a lot of new inners in one go, and put them in my spares boxes. Although I do not have so many scrap E-types, once the three I am doing now are finished, I do not have the chanche to kake them.</p>
<p>
imghost</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p>The same goes with the rear bumpers.</p>
<p>
chase bank national city</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>The very small glazing of the rear door is really something. Mostly they are intact, but no way you can get the glazing out in one piece. I took a rea door, and from an old plastic part of what we call a pushbike's 'coat protector' new glazings are formed.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>From the start I figured I could use the model to tow the boat! So, got the idea to paint the interior in white, to have car and boat in blue and white.</p>
<p>Here a picture of most parts. There are about 28, which is about the same as the 261 Bond Aston!</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>Let's start building! The engine clicks in.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Another 'side-step': I decided to add figures. Now you know why I did not place figures in the boat itself.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>How to cut the models in a seated position?</p>
<p>Here is what I do. Look at the way the lines go, especially with the arrows.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I used the dremel to cut them .</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>I then flatten the parts a bit that are flat on the seats, and glue the parts in place. Because I cut them up, the cutting lines take away material, so the figures actually become somewhat smaller. Further the figures can only be painted after they are in place of course.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: lark6

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>I will take a break now.......</p>

Re: Corgi nr 335 Jaguar E-type 3 weeks ago #15

Your walk through of all the steps you take very clear. The only thing that wonders me is the towhook......
  • Page: