Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Box problem

Box problem 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I had this Corgi Commer police box nr 464, and I was never satisfied with it.</p>
<p>The only other Corgi nr I can think off in a range that seems wrong is the Landrover 417. However, that one is NOT wrong, because the rear is higher up with that boom.</p>
<p>Back to box 464. I compared it to other Commer models in my collection, and it is definitively wrong. I must have gotten it from someone else. All Commers should have more or less the same size boxes. The awkward thing with this box is that only the height of the side is wrong where the pictures of the car is on (so two sides). The other two sides (with the Corgi Toys words) and the length of the box are good. Who would do such a thing?</p>
<p>Here that box on the left, and in the middle and on the right the ones I made.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Keesie.

Re: Box problem 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>And here the pictures of the model. Hard to see, but the upper one is wrong and too high up.</p>
<p>
gunslinger build fallout 4</p>

Re: Box problem 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Kees, is the wrong box original genuine Corgi made or a reproduction from sombody?

Re: Box problem 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Kevin, first of all I never found any information anywhere about the measurements of original Corgi boxes.It all started with someone  making a CD with templates years ago. Then someone added templates, and made another CD. Some were and still are sold on Ebay. After a while you do not know the source anymore nor do you know if a box had been worked on. It is hard to see on the pictures I showed, but you might be able to see that a certain image of a model is stretched out or 'pushed in'.</p>

Re: Box problem 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, at a certain stage I added the templates together, added my own makings and adjustments, and I still carry on with that. Thing is, when you have two or more variations of models which are the same, in measurements, then it is obvious the measurements of the boxes should be the same as well, Take the Bantam carrier mobile shops and variations, so nr 407 and 413, and the Chipperfields ticket office 426.</p>

Re: Box problem 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Whoever did the wrong box then must have just got the/their measurments wrong but without other boxes to compare with means is would be OK on its own.

Re: Box problem 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thing is, when a box has the wrong measurements, you can always enlarge it or make it smaller before printing. I check this always anyway before I print a box. However, with this box only TWO sides are wrong. Someone in the past must have cut the parts and gave each part his own measurements.</p>
<p>Of course I did the same, but now the other way around: I cut the parts in my program, adjusted them to the correct sizes, and placed them back together.</p>
  • Page: