Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464

Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well, the past week I have finally made a start with some models. Although Corgi-wise I have almost everything I want, there are still some empty boxes in my cabinets. By placing them between the ones which have the model on top, I remind myself I have to fill up those gaps.</p>
<p>There were several Commers I still had to do. As I have been working on at least four simultaniously, sometimes the pictures are a bit mixed up.</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Hammond 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>In my spares-boxes I found this 'Rijkspolitie' rear. No idea it the actual model and rear belonged ot each other, because there are so many variations. I will show you the ones I have later, but nr 464 came in no less than FIVE variations: County police, City Police, Rijkspolitie, a green Belgian version and one I did last year, with the POLICE word printed ON the metal.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>I read the Rijkspolitie version is quite rare, and I examined the quality of the stickers.Both sides are still ok with small damage, so what if I could save them?</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Therefore I could not sandblast the part nor throw the part in liquid, as the stickers would be ruined. Therefore I only sandpapered the part, leaving the stickers alone.</p>
<p>
dell numeric keypad not working</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>I then covered the stickers with Tamya tape. No picture of that. As I said, I did four in one go, so I picked several Commers and rear combinations. Here the lot in primer.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I used a very old rattle can with dark blue paint on these two. As you can see they came out well. These were also sprayed with a a clear coat after.</p>
<p>
free website upload</p>
<p>The bases I used were still good and have their original paint.</p>
<p>
anonymous image hosting</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p>I used two firemen of a Simon Snorkel left over as new drivers.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>Their legs were cut off, otherwise they did not fit.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>And now for the big trick..........</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>The pictures ARE in the right order!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
image storage</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here all the parts, the damaged parts of the stickers painted. Also new vacuum formed windows were made for all four.</p>
<p>
russian image host</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>A part of an old pen was used as a dome light.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
photo image hosting</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Box made, details added, done!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok, here all the 464 police versions I have, including the Hammonds and another version of my own.</p>
<p>
megan fox bra size</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Nice picture walk through on this Van. I note the workings for the batteries on the rear wheels. Looks like there is white part on the two on the right but the middle left does not have that. What is it used for or its purpose?

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>Jim, most police commers had a light on top. The light could be turned on/off on the base sometimes. The mechanism is on the FRONT axle. The battery unit jn  the rear, which could be opened with a second button on the base. I left all these units out, because non of them worked. There is only one version/base in my picture with 2 buttons, the others only have one, to take off the rear. The system was not only poor, but batteries started leaking and with some versions they only worked when placing the battery, lock the rear and go. No turning off, so kids left the battery in, forgot to take it out, and it lost power quickly.</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>The white part you see is in fact diecast, the light is reflected in it. When the rear had no function at all, and was not supposed to be taken off, like the rear I used for the Hammonds, Corgi placed this little device to lock the rear part from the inside.</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Rijkspolitie nr 464 1 month ago #15

Great work!. Did you touch the damaged RIJKSPOLITIE sticker up with a white marker or paint?
  • Page: