Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #31

Platinum Boarder
<p>
friday breakfast specials</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>As I said, it is a good kit, but there are also a lot of shortcomings. While the leaflets says there are small holes in the hood for the window wipers, there are not. Therefore I had to cut off a tiny bit of the base of the wipers, and glue them straight onto the glazing. The exhaust made a very strange angle and did not fit. Therefore I had to cut it in several places.</p>
<p>One of the strangest things was this: the parts behind the wheels are a kind of two lids which fit on each other. In between the two there should be a sort of spacer. Those were not numbered on the leaflet and not on one of the trees either, so I thought they were mssing.</p>
<p>One of the last things to do on the leaflet is placing the rubber tyres around the wheels. The tyres came in a closed separate plastic. When I took out the tyres out came the little tree with spacers, hidden in one of the tyres.........no one will notice I did not use them.</p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by Keesie.

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #32

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, next thing is to touch up the small parts not covered by paint. And I will try the bull bar. And in the kit no less than SIX lamps, while only four are used for the bar I showed you. Also there are six 'covers' which you can place over the lamps. When I will not use the lamps nor the covers, I could use them to hide the screws.</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Wow Keesie that actually looks real , fantastic work

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Yes, very professional build. I think that the 2 extra lights maybe for the front bumper. There are lights there on many truck here, with or with out the roll bar quad lights.
I think you out did yourself on this one. I also like the area you used for displaying a new truck build, A new hood of your new car.

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #35

Platinum Boarder
<p>Jim, there is no explain in the leaflet about placing the two extra lights on the front. Also they are too big for that, as they will stand out too much, and there is actually nowhere they can be placed. The model was placed on the roof of my new car......</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #36

Platinum Boarder
<p>There is a very small part in the kit supposed to be a mirror, which should be placed on the very end of the left fender, above the front light. Never seen this before, and I will not put it on. There is not even a hole or a marking where to place it anyway. See picture of the box underneath.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #37

Platinum Boarder
That mirror is a "blind spot" mirror and they seem to be very popular in Japan.

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #38

Platinum Boarder
I was referring to the off roaders we have here. Take a look below for what I was talking about. Front LIghts.

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #39

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, if the bull bar can be done, I will suggest those lights to the customer. h</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 1 month, 1 week ago #40

Platinum Boarder
I have seen a few imports here with these blind spot mirrors , they look in an awkward spot but obviously do their job.

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 3 weeks, 4 days ago #41

Platinum Boarder
<p>The customer was a bit vague about the bull bar, but in the end sent me an internet picture of which he said it looks like the one he had.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 3 weeks, 4 days ago #42

Platinum Boarder
<p>What I did was this: there were several 'trees' or sprues left to throw away, so I cut and assembled some parts.</p>
<p>
upload pictures</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
russian image hosting</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 3 weeks, 4 days ago #43

Platinum Boarder

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 3 weeks, 4 days ago #44

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, yesterday we made a ride in the new car and took the model to the customer. He was very happy with it, as he did not see the pictures of the bull bar before. A great day!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
anonymus upload image</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 3 weeks, 4 days ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done and does look like the original he had. Nice job of it.