Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #16

Platinum Boarder
The spray looks good, I find that when I use a non metallic colour on plastic I have to laquer it as it does not shine.

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>You are right, it does not really shine, but with this silver the customer and I agreed on no shine.</p>
<p>Holes were drilled in the cabine accordingly.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I then secured the rear to the cabin. Then I knew how much 'space' I needed to attach the rear to the chassis. Two more holes were made. No more glue was needed for this.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>The whole structure was left to rest and dry now and then.</p>
<p>As you can see there is a 'gap' between cabin and rear part. As I was not familiar with this model, I looked up some pictures to see how big the gap should be.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Internet picture of the real car (newer version).</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by Keesie.

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>This bars-and-light unit is an option, but the customer does not want it.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Nor does he want these two bars.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #20

Platinum Boarder
It is going to look the part when finished it looks like the picture

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #21

Platinum Boarder
<p>The choice between flat running boards and bars. The customer choose the bars.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #22

Platinum Boarder
<p>Seems almost done now. The cusomer asekd fr a front 'bull bar', but that is not in the kit. Still, I suggested to make that of the lefover parts, and he will search for a picture so I can see what it looks like.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
peter perez jr</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>The lights were painted on the inside and will be dry and attached tonight.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Great job on the paint. I guess your customer wants it just like his real one, options and all. Look big - what scale is it?

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #25

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, the scale is 1:24. He sent me that internet picture and indeed wants it to look like that. Personally I would have opted for some accents in the interior, for one NOT a white steering wheel, but this was the task: the outside in silver, NO options in the rear, and NOTHING changed to the interior.</p>
<p>Bear in mind the customer does not know anything about building or restoring. He said he would be glad if I can do it, and besides the silver, 'I will leave it up to you'. Therefore it is hard to explain to him sometimes a detail could be better if done differently. Besides, he is not the type to come back and regret certain things, but from the start he says there is no need to send in-between pictures........therefore making it sort of easy for himself.......but more difficult for me..........</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #26

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, when I came to the front and rear lights, I found they were all transparant. I mailed him, saying I was about to place the rear lights, NOT coloured, although rear lights should be coloured red/orange........then he agreed on me colouring them  (from the inside of course), and I then mentioned I thought he ONLY wanted the outside sprayed in silver, NO other colours...........</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>Some more things worth mentioning. Although there is a decal sheet with the model he does NOT want decals. I mentioned there is a big WHITE  word TOYOTA to be placed on the rear lid. He then remembered he had that on his car, in BLACK. So we decided NOT to place it, because there is no decal in black on the sheet. Adding a decal only in white is awkward anyway, because the plastic was originally white........</p>

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #28

Well Kees, I can see you skills also are in building plastic kits. Very nicely done.
I bet your customer will be very happy when he receives it.
From the left over sprees you easily can can make antennas. Just hold a flame near it and pull the sprue.

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Nice write-up and great Pick up truck. We have them here too. Light bar and roll bars in the back are for 4 wheelers and out in the bush or on dirt roads. Not needed in the city and don't really fit unless your out in the bush a lot. Your customer will be really happy with this truck. I also like the tube step into the truck. I have the same type on my truck, very handy.
Question, have you thought of covering the screws with a cap or something to better hide them.

Re: Back on the forum and Toyota Hilux 7 months, 1 week ago #30

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks guys. Very good Jim, been thinking about that too. Let's wait with that till the very end. First today's progress.</p>
<p>
what is forensic anthropology</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>