On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #31

Platinum Boarder
I have a spray booth so paint inside on a small computer monitor stand. I just move the model around as needed. If I have to do the inside that is more difficult so I made up a stand with 4 alligator clips and put them all at each end. The reach far enough to hold a Foden Chassis upside down so I can paint the bottom of the truck. I have only lost a few to the floor or the bench though.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #32

heels.Still busy with other things these days, so not too much progress. I painted the wheel arches red, only have to detail the grill and put the wheels and axles in place. The decals have to be bought soon.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #33

Expert Boarder
<p>Hi Theo, Very nice colour combination. This dark blue suits the Foden perfectly. Looking forward to the final stage. By the way thanks to your input here on Planet Diecast I was triggered to continue a Bedford Pantechnicon I started building last year but was put away due to lack of inspiration. Best Regards - Wolter.</p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by Krul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #34

Decals in scale 1/50 ordered, so within the next few weeks I can finish the truck. Now I can look forward for starting a new proejct.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #35

Platinum Boarder
It sure looks good with the fenders painted red. Looking forward to seeing it with decals. Great job.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #36

Platinum Boarder
That bit of paint brings this model to life & a great colour combination.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #37

Thanks guys, but still not finished... Wheels and axles mounted. And waiting for the decals to arrive. Wolter, I have sent yoyu an email reply.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month ago #38

Decals received and with a bit of fantasy I placed them on the truck.
Project finished, bench (almost) empty

exxon gas stations around me

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Excellent choices for decal placement. They make the truck look proper now. Nice work Theo.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Very tasteful , great finish it looks great

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month ago #41

Expert Boarder
Hi Theo,

Very nice example of a one-off Dinky Toy.

Best Regards - Wolter.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month ago #42

Platinum Boarder
<p> </p>
<p>A lot of rain here the past days, very welcome to the dry garden......time to answer to Theo's posting.</p>
<p>As others already said, the colour combination is well chosen. Did you have an example in real life, or did I miss something? The front with the grille came out very well, and you must have had your thoughts about the part above the cabin roof. Were the wheel arches hand painted? I needed some time/thoughts about the place where you put the decals on the sides. The obvious place would have been in the centre, but I think you did well placing them in the left upper corner. Was that really done in your fantasy, or are there trucks that you looked at before you applied the decals?</p>

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month ago #43

Well Kees, thank you for your comments. I did not not have an example to go by, Of course I did some research on the internet and saw that a few of the older Pantechnicon trucks that were used by Pickfords had red wheels. So I decided to do that also. And as the seams between the box and the chassis were not perfect, I decided to give it a red color too, (so I could mask the imperfections on my parts) And I handpainted the wheel arches.
There are several shades of blue used by Pickfords and the darker shade was my favorite, so dark blue it became.
If the decals were larger, then I would have placed them in the center of the box.
But because they were a bit too small, I thought that it was better to place them on the end of the box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco