On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 4 weeks ago #16

Thanks Wolter. I am still thinking about the livery. Your directions regarding the name pantechnicon is worth a search on the net. Pickfords comes to mind....

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 4 weeks ago #17

Platinum Boarder
It sure will look good when finished
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 4 weeks ago #18

Platinum Boarder
I have about 3 or four Pick fords lorries I can think of a Matchbox, lledo, Corgi and Oxford Die cast.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 3 weeks, 6 days ago #19

Yes I think I have made a decision. The Pickfords blue is an easy color to find and there is a good set of decals available from the Matchbox 46B. That set is not too large, but because it is a fantasy model, I am free to place it where I want on the sides. The Pickfords decal from the Matchbox Low Loader (Major Pack M6) are a bit too small for the sides to be honest.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 3 weeks, 4 days ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>Trying to catch up.....your first picture is a funny way of displaying all the models you want to do this year! Do you have a certain order, or do you just pick one out? 'As usual',  a lot of cutting and dremeling but I am sure it will all fit in the end!</p>

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 3 weeks, 4 days ago #21

Well Kees, these are just in my to do box, so I thought it was good to show them. And remind myself of all the tasks I have set my self

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 3 weeks, 3 days ago #22

Platinum Boarder
<p>I do more or less the same: on one bench I have most models in primer, lined up, and the other bench is the workbench.</p>

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 3 days, 19 hours ago #23

With this long weekend ahead, I had some time to work on the Pantechnicon. I painted the base and cab first, and then worked on the boxed. I used superglue first to attach the box to the base. And then I filled the slots with liquid 2 component metal. That is drying now and the next steps are sanding and new primer

upload image with url

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 3 days, 19 hours ago #24

Platinum Boarder
<p>It looks very impressive Theo. So you are doing the complete model in one colour, right? I mean, you must have had the thought of spraying the separate parts in different colours before assembling.</p>
Last Edit: 3 days, 19 hours ago by Keesie.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 3 days, 16 hours ago #25

Yes, the model will be painted all blue.To paint the box after sanding in the blue color, I can now leave it on a table and use no 3rd hands

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 day, 15 hours ago #26

<p>I decided to go for a darker blue, just like the Pickfords blue low loader set by Matchbox Because of the weight of the truck, I had to make a special 3rd hand to keep it in place while spray painting. The wheel arched wil be painted red, as are the hubs</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 day, 15 hours ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 day, 15 hours ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>Blue is the colour! Carry on Theo!</p>

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 day, 13 hours ago #28

Platinum Boarder
The color suits the truck and it is looking really nice with paint on it now.
I like your extra hand for holding the back of the truck up. I don't run into that problem as years ago I found a place that was selling these for $3.00 with the magnifying glass. I bought 7 of them as I already had an original Exacto Stand from a garage sale.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 day, 12 hours ago #29

thanksd Jim. The 3rd hands are the same, I removed the magnifying glass too. I had to make this contraption because I spray in the open air and move the truck in different directions with one hand and using the spray can in the other. And if I use only 1 ordinairy 3rd hand, the model falls to the ground becauser of its weight (happend to me earlier this week, so I could start all over again)

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 day, 12 hours ago #30

Platinum Boarder
<p>Great minds.....I also removed the magnifying glass on all three of mine Theo.</p>
<p>I also spray in the open air, and I either clamp mostly smaller parts in the third hands, or use a platform with standing up ridges for heavier parts.</p>
<p> </p>