On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020

On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 2 months ago #1

<p>Tomorrow I shall start with a few new restorations. I think I showed a photo of all the to-do projects I had, see below.</p>
<p>
dell laptops keyboard functions</p>

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 2 months ago #2

The first 2 I shall take on are the Dinky 167 AC Aceca and the Dinky154 Hillman Minx.
I started the work on the AC a few years ago, it has already the color I wanted so in fact I just need to detail the grill, the lights and the bumpers and put it together. The original window was saved and in good clean condition.
Now the Hillman Minx is already primed, just need to paint the casting, the base plate and the hubs. Because it is the later type of 154, with the large lettering on the base, I am a bit struggling what color to paint it in. Making it a twotone or a single color? Any suggestions are welcome.

happy anime wallpaper

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Color choices for stock Hillman Minx from the factory. You can also do your own colors like I did my Roll Royce. The Lilac over Maroon was nice and light green over medium green too

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Sorry forgot the picture.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
The above are not all the colors Dinky did either. There were a few different shades of Tan

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 2 months ago #6

thanks Jim, the blue looks very nice

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Yes, that is a nice color for this car. Sometimes Dinky went overboard on colors, for the kids of course. This one is nice for sure.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #8

Time for an update. On my bench now is a ambitious project that requires a lot of metal work. I have this beat-up Dinky Foden chassis. And then there is a Lion Car DAF Eurotrailer.
I had to shorter the trailer, remove the back-end and replace that. And I decided, after a suggestion from a NAMAC Facebook member, to make the the trailer going over the roof of the cab. (that is not called a cab-over right?)

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #9

So here are the photos of the process so far.

pic share

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #10

Use a small metal saw for the trailer and my Dremel for the wheel arches.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #11

I used superglue for attaching the rear to the trailer. Also a rear door was sawed out of the left over metal from the trailer. In the rear door, I shall saw a narrow slot, to make it look like double doors. On of the things that bothers me, is how to attach the box onto the Foden. I am not sure if I shall make a bottom in the box. More photos to follow soon

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #12

Platinum Boarder
This is interesting and helps you pass the time for sure. Looking like a real truck in the mock up. Nice work on what we call over here as "Grandma's Attic" The part that goes over the cab. How that name came about I don't know but when ever I have move not all vans have it. But if they do that is where stuff like china and figurines would go to keep them safe from shifting boxes and house hold furniture in the rest of the truck.
I think a bottom plate but hard to do with the side ridges on the Foden, it won't sit flat. Maybe just a strip front and rear in a "U" shape to fit up into the box and down and across the truck deck and then back up into the box. That may work. Either that or small tabs front and rear on either side, again glued to the box, this time with epoxy to give it a tight hold.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 2 weeks ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Very nice work , looks to perfection.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #14

Time for a quick update on the process. I have glued the rear doors in and did some test fitting. After that I used liquid metal (2 component glue in fact) that has to be sanded away.

Re: On RoutemasterNL's bench April 2020 1 month, 1 week ago #15

Expert Boarder
Hi Theo,

Great idea, I am looking forward to the finished model.
By the way this type removal truck is called a pantechnicon van, usually shortened to pantec, it was originally a furniture removal van drawn by horses and used by the British company "The Pantechnicon" for delivering and collecting furniture which its customers wished to store. The name is a word largely of British English usage.
Bron - Wikipedia

Best Regards - Wolter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness