Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 2 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Nice as it looks. I don't think it needs anything else.

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Well, it was just a thought. Probably will stay just as is as I have more projects on the go.

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 2 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Rather surprisingly Dinky did not add any extra paint trimming to the handles or lisense plates, only some red to the rear lamps. This makes yours very accurate.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 2 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
I agree this restoration is as factory or if not better than it left the Dinky Factory, if you over detail it , it then becomes a code 3 & unless it has been painted to match someones actual car this would totally take away the restored originality away from it.

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 2 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks guys it is appreciated.  I don't like to over do most of what I do. As most of you know I like to make my restorations as close to what Dinky would have done. SF Paints are great and are color matched by a computer. His parts are also some of the best. I just do certain things so that people will know it is a restoration and not an original. Some have tried to get me to do that but I turn them down. Only real thing I do out of the Dinky realm of painting is my two-tone Rolls Royces and my love for matching caravans to cars. I have another 2 or 3 in the works now too.</p>
Last Edit: 2 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 2 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
<p>TheRollerman wrote:
Always wondered why Dinky did not make a Rolls-Royce version as rolls-royce did in real life.
Dinky did not but Nicky ! Here is mine (grille / bumper set didn't pass QC at the time ) and I still wonder if nicky did a flying lady or not. Mine haven't his own. But a nice complete box. Note that the cast is the Bentley one, and only that grille is new. Base has no inscription at all. Though the Bentley base was a little bit changed to Show Nicky-Toys.
</p>
Last Edit: 2 months ago by Corky.

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 1 month, 4 weeks ago #22

Great example, never seen this before. A shame that the hubs are a bit too new looking (looks like Matchbox hubs to me tbh)

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 1 month, 4 weeks ago #23

Platinum Boarder
The first Nicky-Toys had metal wheels with tyres.
And then had one-piece wheels. Different types are knonw.

I will try to post some of mines soon.
I have a very nice early Bentley with large metal wheels that nicely fit I find.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 1 month, 4 weeks ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Two bases. Bentley and RR one.

My Nicky Bentley

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 1 month, 4 weeks ago #25

These are fine looking cars.

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 1 month, 4 weeks ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I agree and those wheels look much better and do suit the car. Thanks I like the maroon one with tan interior.

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 1 month, 4 weeks ago #27

Platinum Boarder
This is the first Nicky-Toys I have collected.

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 1 month, 1 week ago #28

Platinum Boarder
<p>[quote="Nobleco" post=394824]Parts were ordered and I waited almost a month for them. That has to do with when I order. So lets take it apart and look inside.
[url=https://postimages.org/][img]<br /><br /><br />A nother fine restoration  post here, was wondering where about's the pins in the image above were from in the toy.</p>

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 1 month, 1 week ago #29

Platinum Boarder
<p>The rusty one is from the inside and holds the grille in place. Very similar to the Rolls Royce cars. The two little chrome pins are from the front of the car and are headlights. I had to paint them chrome again as the edges had yellowed. you can see the differences if you look at Post #7 and then Post #14. See the yellow on the sides of the headlights in the #7 post?</p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky 194 Bentley S2 restoration 1 month ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Has the pin got kind of sideways ribs on it looks very similar to a pin I have seen before on another model.

Yeah, look much better re-chromed as in the latter post.