Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration

Re: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration 1 year ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>That is the way SF sells them, Chrome plated. This was part of that large order of 25 series trucks I did June of 2018. They did not all come with unpainted grilles, some were chromed. This truck and three others are ones the guy gave me as part of the deal. I finally decided to do them all. They were all in rough shape. This one was one of the least bent up .</p>
Last Edit: 1 year ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration 1 year ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Generally good , that l/h front mudguard or fender whatever you call it looks a slight paint difference or is it just me?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration 1 year ago #18

Platinum Boarder
The mud guard or fender as we call it in North America is part of the chassis and was sprayed 2 coats of gloss black. It is the same color all over so must be the lighting or many your monitor is showing it differently than mine.

Re: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration 1 year ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Don't usually like to criticise.. but is hard to tell from the photos sometimes, particularly if one cannot zoom in on them.

Re: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration 1 year ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Not a problem, i understand the dilemma. I make the pictures large so they are easier to see but sometimes that is not enough. Lighting plays a large factor too and my camera takes a dark shot. Has since I dropped it on its lens about 5 years ago. Oppps. Maybe one day I will get another.

Re: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration 1 year ago #21

Platinum Boarder
<p>Strange! I had a Camera for a few years recently with a broken lens for a who9le year I was just guessing as I took photos (aiming and hoping to get lucky with shots)...that was when it eventually died altogether. A new one was bought for me by relatives for my Birthday that I have not used yet since not had it long.<br /><br /><br />All those factors have to be taken into account one supposes.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year ago by 143Madness.

Re: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration 1 year ago #22

Platinum Boarder
I did not break the lens and I can see what I am shooting for a picture. I guess the lens was in an extended position as I use it to focus the picture. When it fell on the floor off the table it landed square on the end of the lens and must have pushed it into the camera with some force. The setting have changed because of that and now I have adjusted the pictures to let in more light. I still get some darker pictures than I should It is 13 years old this year and other than that it takes great pictures. I just have to be more careful with my equipment.
Nice to hear one of your relatives bought you a camera for your birthday. Such a nice present.

Re: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration 1 month, 3 weeks ago #23

Platinum Boarder
I was painting yesterday so decided to paint the two canopy's I bought a couple months ago for this truck and another. This is a Pale cream canopy that will have Carter Peterson Express Carriers decal on it.

The decals are on my next order so I probably won't get them until after then new year now.

Re: Dinky 25a Wagon Restoration 1 month, 3 weeks ago #24

Beautiful color combination and the truck shall look even better when the decals are applied.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco
  • Page: