Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507

Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well, here it is, finally, the taxi. I sprayed another one in blue, already showed you how it is rebuilt, so here just the final pictures. The taxi driver has no customers, he just picked up his girl friend for a night out. The figurines are cheap China, cut up, reshaped and painted.</p>
<p>
\</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 4 years, 8 months ago by 283258.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO, 143Madness

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I like your use of the cheap China Figures. Really suits this car. Nice job overall as usual.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I like the way this model is made and when you showed the construction of the imperial kEES , not sure about it being a taxi but hell if I was in Cuba or South America...

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Do a search on google for Corgi 507 Chrysler Imperial and you will see lots of these cars pretty much the same as Kees has done. There was a proto-type that was never released and the picture on Kees box is correct for that version. He has just not done the top.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
the top can be borrowed from two other vehicles in the same period.

Either the Fiat 600 or Corgi #430 Ford Thunderbird Bermuda Taxi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>Glad everyone who replied here likes the model.</p>
<p>Also I took the advice, took off the roof of the Fiat 600 Jolly (which was glued on....). Then I drilled holes in the right places of the interior. Here the outcome.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
That looks better. A real Bermuda taxi now.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I don't think so, look closely.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Well, the box shows a yellow top with Blue Trim and yours is red with silver trim, It is also a different shape, narrower, and looks a little short as it should come to the front window.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>It is the Fiat 600 Jully version, which is far smaller than the Thunderbird version.</p>
<p>No idea what to do now, since it took some trouble to take it off the Jolly. I also drilled holes which I should not have done......</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Oh that is tough luck.

I am certain you can fabricate one

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>That is not really the point. The Jolly version just does not fit. I will now glue the unit back on to the Jolly, fill up the small holes of the interior of the Chrysler maybe.</p>

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Keep your eyes open at the toy fairs you go to. You just never know when the canopy will show up in someone's junk box under a table.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>It took some time gluing the roof back to the Jolly. Unfortunately the interior of the Chrysler is ruined by drilling those holes, and as I do not have another one, I will try to buy one in Houten.</p>
<p>A canopy for a Chrysler taxi will NOT show up as a bargain Jim. Simple: it does not exist as such, because it was never sold. The only solution is to buy a Thunderbird taxi one, saw off the rear stand, and make a metal wire stand. Then attach it to the canopy, and done. Why didn't I think of that before?????</p>

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial taxi nr 507 4 years, 8 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Good question. Maybe you had other things on your mind at that time. The car looks good but the canopy does not match well. With your talents shown in the wire bending of the Time Machine you would think you could just make one. But then, time is a factor and material for the roof?