Corgi Rover 2000- Time for an Overhaul
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Rover 2000- Time for an Overhaul

Re: Corgi Rover 2000- Time for an Overhaul 2 years, 1 month ago #16

Expert Boarder
I am on my way down stairs to watch the National ( CBC news), see what stupid things Donald Trump has Tweeted today and most important disassemble the body to buff out the window and detail the tail lights. I will update this post with finished photos either tomorrow or the day after.

I was just to excited last night to get the model assembled, that I started to write two more forum posts of finished restorations and a code 3 on Lesney Racing Car Transport. That build is a continuous work in progress that might get finished before September if I don't stop adding to it. Teacher's and summer vacation...getting caught up o the things I like to do in my spare time.

Re: Corgi Rover 2000- Time for an Overhaul 2 years, 1 month ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Well you full your spare time well with your toys. Great job on the chrome explanation. I might try that this winter. I usually detail by hand so the application should be fine for me. I usually detail the chrome with Testors Silver and it has done well for me.
The rear window looks just like my wife's old Saturn on a cold October day here in southern BC in the boundary, up in the mountains. Today got up to 33°C but started the day at 6:00am with about 7°C. Just August first and you can feel the fall in the mornings.

Re: Corgi Rover 2000- Time for an Overhaul 2 years, 1 month ago #18

Expert Boarder
<p>I detailed the front and rear lights. Hate the way photos show the imperfection in the paint transitions. I chipped the white roof during assembly and did a so-so repair followed by a clear coat.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>That rear window definitely needs to be replaced!</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by gcladd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Rover 2000- Time for an Overhaul 2 years, 1 month ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Digital cameras are harsh on our work. They tend to show more than the eye can see. That is why I have these new TV Sets with High Definition. Do I really want to see every wrinkle and flaw in the TV hosts face? NO Same goes here with your roof. Bet it looks much better in person.

Re: Corgi Rover 2000- Time for an Overhaul 2 years, 1 month ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Good to see old playworn models being put back to display quality. I prefer the red and white colour scheme over the steel blue, looks more suited to a Rover.

Rollerman.
  • Page: