Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p>Now look at the rear..........</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>I wanted a sticker on the rear, but they were all too big, so, I made a white circle first.</p>
<p>Found a small ring with which I drew a perfect circle. I cut it out and glued it on the circle of the rear of the car.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Then the bigger Corvette logo applied.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>A suitable driver found. The roof panels are originally orange transparant, but they were painted and damaged, so I decided to paint them black.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
td near me open now</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>Keesie wrote:
</p>
<p>
td atm near me</p>
<p>The whole thing was wrapped then.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
<br /><br />Nice build, lots of little pieces shows some complexity what is the lace doing, surely in order to refit the base one would need to remove it again somehow?</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, the cord or in fact a shoestring is wrapped around a model when there is a certain tension pressing outwards. This is the case with models like Batmobile and Bond Aston, with a lot of parts and springs inside. Suppose I do nor do this, and the screw does not 'catch' straight away, the the model could plop open en out come all the parts !</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #21

It looks the part Kees, especially the trick with the cord is a good one. Dit you use the silver paint from Action? If so, I would advise to give that a clear coat, because there is a chance that it rubs off after time?

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Silver suits the car , adding the driver sets the car off especially when the roof panels are off

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>Haha, good one Theo, indeed it is Action paint, 1.99 euros I think. I will leave it as it is for now, and when it comes off, I will spray it again with clear coat. You guessed, also from Action for 1.99.............</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #24

I certainly use Action primer, black and clear-coat. My other spraycans are by Motip order specially made

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #25

Platinum Boarder
You mentioned the forming of the seats and interior and asked why they would do it that way. Probably much easier to make the mould for 2 items to put together rather than trying to make the mould for the complete set up.
Silver does look good on this car.
Your decals look great but is that not where the fuel door is and where you fill up the huge tank in the rear. Here are a couple of pictures and Yes, the sticker goes on the fuel door.

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #26

Platinum Boarder
<p>Theo, so you don't use Action silver? I used silve and gold on Astons, no clear coat, never had a complaint of any buyer till now.</p>
<p>When a buyer wants me to use a certain quality of parts or paint, of course I will buy this (with his money), but as long as I am restoring and did not sell yet, I will always use the cheapest method.</p>
<p>Thanks Jim, I was thinking about that too, two moulds fit together might be better than one mould. Still, you need machines to put the two together as well.</p>
<p>I know the fuel door is there, and originally the decal with the two flags is on it, but as I only had a bigger one, I had to overlap the fuel door. I don't think anyone will be bothered, because it will stay in my own collection......haha.</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #27

No Kees, silver comes from Motip

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #28

Platinum Boarder
I thought you knew about the fuel door. It does not matter if it overlaps anyway. It looks good and that is what counts.

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #29

Platinum Boarder
I have stayed away from these restoration threads as I know what good work is achieved by Kees so feel I could not add anything to them.

I have had to come in here though because of the topic car having those Golden Jacks, a range of cars I paricularly like.

As I expected it is another top rebuild from Kees and I agree with the other comments about the silver colour, a wise choice.

Rollerman.

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 1 month ago #30

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Kevin, no need to 'stay away', but as I said, and you know me, people replying with the shortest possible answer do not mean much to me, and they do not add anything. It reminds me of a period at 'the other forum', where people just wanted to boast up their total of postings. In the end it was a one-word reply.</p>
<p>As you saw with the Fire chief Imp, not everything I do is good instantly. As a matter of fact, I painted a wooden ridge on the outside of my house today, a complete faillure, because the wind caused all sand and dirt to stick onto it, so I have to do that again.</p>
<p>With this Corvette, it was not my intention to do it in silver at first. I did an Impala and the Corvette in silver, to go slightly over it with flake-metallic blue. Did the Impala first, but at the first blow it covered all the silver in blue. So I decided to leave the Corvette in Action-silver!</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Keesie.