Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300

Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>A lot of surprises these days. After placing this one I will go to sleep......</p>
<p>This Corvette was done in 2 colour variations, shiny green and red. It was loaded with gadgets, and very heavy. Opening hood with detailed engine, take off wheels, suspension, flip up headlights, you name it.</p>
<p>After they did the small sports coupe range like Triumphs, MGA and such, Corgi started using the 300 numbering again. Nr 300 was actually an Austin Healey. No idea why they repeated this numbering. Anyone?</p>
<p>
exotic women's names</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Once the shiny chrome paint comes off, there is no saving it on this model. I have a red on in mint, and you will agree this one needs restoring.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>As I just finished it this morning, here we go.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>What a surprise. As I never opened one of these before, I did not know!!!! All other models with take off wheels have a a plastic frame inside, which functions as suspension and as take off system. Although the system is clever, it can break easily, and the suspension is no good.</p>
<p>Now look at this one. Steel wire suspension, which also functions as locking system. On the outside you don't see this.</p>
<p>
how many vaults in fallout 4</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Under the hood you see a steel wire, which holds the hood down. Only one rivet at the front closes the model, the rear is again very cleverly done: the two corner parts, just above the exhausts, go under the upper shell.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The chairs are a separate piece, no idea why.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p>The engine and front bumper is one complete chromed unit.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>An internal axle, like on the Oldsmobile Toronado, flips up the headlights, operated under the base.</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
It just goes to show that with all the Corgi cars which you have done that there is something new to learn about the models, in all the restortations I have done, I have not attempted a "Golden Jack " model, so interesting to see.
It is good that the roof sections have stayed with the model.

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>The visable upper part is also interesting. A black plastic part with holes here and there is on top of the chrome. A bit like the toolbox on the VW breakdown.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The remains of the chrome come off easily.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Andy. Indeed the two roof panels are there, I will come to that later. With all long-thread models, it is difficult when to show and mention what, without forgetting anything. Do I choose the order of dismanteling, or from building up.......?</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>No sign of a sort of primer.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>After cleaning I decided to do two models in silver first, and then do some light flake blue here and there as a try out. The other model (Impala) was then turned blue, I will show you that one later.</p>
<p>The silver on this Corvette was so much to my satisfaction, that I left it like that. Not even a transparant gloss was needed.</p>
<p>
is woodforest bank open on sundays</p>
<p>Forgot to tell I left the rear bumper on, which was rivited on. I just masked some parts in the rear, and I will show you later as an extra surprise.....</p>
<p>Here the front glazing is placed. Also the rear has a separate glazing. There are two small holes in that glazing, fitting into two small pins in the shell, so you won't be mistaken how to place it.</p>
<p>
nearest shell service station</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>TBC...........</p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>The headlights were sandpapered with thin waterproof paper, so that they look like being chromed. That way there was no need to take out and put back in the diamonds.So the lights were placed, the bumper/engine unit, and the axle for the headlights on top of that.Then the engine cover was placed.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>The headlights have a grip inside, going into the axle. This needs a little 'fiddling'.</p>
<p>Then the interior.</p>
<p>
td atm near me</p>
<p>The whole thing was wrapped then.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>The model was closed with small screw. The wheels were then sandpapered.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The front air intakes painted black.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys Corvette Take off nr 300 2 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder