Who dares to restore a Prameta....?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who dares to restore a Prameta....?

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
That is the Kees I know. Broken model or model missing parts and he starts thinking, what do I have to fix this with.
Another fine job of taking left overs and turning them into a great car. Nice work

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now look closely at the wheels. This was  a tricky part to do. The front wheels have a Mercedes wheel cap. The cap is in fact a part going through the wheel and into the hollow front axle. As the front wheels and caps were still on, I drilled a bigger hole into the new wheels, so the cap-part could fit in.</p>
<p>As one rear was missing, only one cap remained. I left it off on both sides. The rear axle is square, so I hammered the wheels onto the axle.</p>
<p>Now look at the pictures of this great transformation!</p>
<p>
find diesel fuel stations near me</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: lark6

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim. Yep, I can't help it......as I can't help making another long thread.....sorry for that.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #19

Expert Boarder
Me, and I will soon. I have several and many have poor mechanism missing and broken screws, and I don't know the thread, and missing parts, more often the steering components.

Here is my collection:
Go

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>Glad you like the way I did my model. It seems you need donor models to complete some of yours.</p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #21

Just to confirm the following: in the first picture of post #17 I see a red protruding knob. In the second photo I only see a part of it inside the body. Is that because of the wheels are in the opposite position or is there a part missing?

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks for liking (or disliking, I don't mind.....) the model Theo.</p>
<p>The complete indicator part can be seen in an earlier picture, both ends painted red.</p>
<p>The unit goes into the holes in the front fenders. Then the base goes on, but on the front wheel unit inside there is a part sticking onto the indicator unit. So, when the wheels are turned in one direction, the indicator 'follows'. So when the wheels are turned to the left, the indicator on the right side is completely in the fender and visa versa. No part is missing.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
I guess this is their way of actually having turn signals that work. Seems to do the job well.
  • Page: