Who dares to restore a Prameta....?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who dares to restore a Prameta....?

Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Stupid me, I did not take a picture of the front of the Prameta Mercedes I bought on that flea market.</p>
<p>So, I looked at it, and came to the conclusion I had to do something to it. As I also have a mint one, I know what it should look like.The grille, two extra front lamps and a wheel were missing. It is no option to look for spare parts. I saw a wheel once on Ebay for 20 euros, an indicator for 10, a front bumper for 25, and a grille for 50 euros. As these models are very expensive, some loonies take them apart and try to sell the parts individually. Yes, there are even people selling the key separately. I can't hlep thinking how stupid people can be, but let me concentrate on the one I have here.</p>
<p>I placed it on the workbench, and actually did not think I could do anything, that is why I probably did not take before picutres of the areas were the parts were missing.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Are you going to change the colour , as that green is rather striking & adds the " i want that that toy " to the model.

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>I went through my boxes and as you see I found several chromed grilles. Hope you can see there is also a Mercedes grille there!</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Although it has an angle in the centre, and it should be straight, it was nearly the right size I needed!</p>
<p>Over to the indicators first. I painted the tips on both ends, like they should.</p>
<p>
pnc branch near me</p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks for that quick reply Andy. Take it easy, I will not change the colour!</p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>To my surprise the front wheels could be taken off with a little force. In the picture also the remaining rear wheel and SQUARE axle.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Lol! that colour is great, although I think been discussed on another topic I would not choose green a colour for a real car

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, bear in mind I already have the chrome version in  mint condition, so this one is 'just an extra', for me, and worth risking doing something to it for the price I paid. Besides, any model without a grille and a wheel missing......HAS to be completed, right?</p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>Would you believe this is part of an umbrella? It is the end of a metal strip, through which a wire goes which hold the fabric in position......very handy now, for.....</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The grille did not have an ornament, so I drilled a small hole.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>There we are, done.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Then a little dremeling where the grille goes. Now look at that!!!!!!!!</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Great work .and be nice to see the fianal of this model

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>As you can see there is a little gap between bumper and grille. This will be solved!</p>
<p>There should be two extra lights on both sides of the grille on the bumper, but they are missing. I could not find two lamps of the right size, but this is actually better:</p>
<p>It  is a lead piece, wich can be bent slightly.</p>
<p>
where is a gas station close to me</p>
<p>I carefully drilled small holes where the lamps used to be.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>This is getting better......and beyond my expectations, I admit.</p>
<p>
tcf bank locations near me</p>
<p>T
he part fit to place, a bit bent to go around the grille.</p>

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>Look at this!!!!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
frost bank atm near me</p>
<p>I also scraped off ther paint of the line on top of the front fenders.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Who dares to restore a Prameta....? 2 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now look at these  wheels!!!!!!!! They are just MADE for this model !</p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: lark6
  • Page: