Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506

Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Corgi made many models in police and fire chief variations, but not the Imp.</p>
<p>So, let's try one.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>As you can see something went very wrong. I used not the cheapest Tamya paint in those small bottles, no idea why that happened.</p>

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Cleaned and a different red applied.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>Perfect this time!</p>
<p>Again alternate suspension.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>You can then leave the old rear suspension out. The front one is connected to the steering, so I left that in, but has no function.</p>
<p>Forthe piccture I placed a white suspension from another model, becasue that was still intact, the original was broken.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The rear seat folds up and down by moving the wheels backwards and pressing them. This picture is without the rear seat.</p>
<p>
frank horrigan fallout new vegas</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>The finished model, a fire chief-guy inside from the new batch from China. I choose the white interior for this one.</p>
<p>
chase number near me</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
The first color seems to have reacted with something or it is just too old and did not spray correctly.
Are you using two different methods of suspension on this car? I see a bent wire in the first shot but after that you use the white curled plastic part but don't show if both are used. Hard to tell in your pictures so I ask. The front of the interior looks to have the same piece on the front as the white piece you show. It the interior broken then?
The model looks good in the fire Livery and adding a driver is a great idea.

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>I suppose the Tamiya paint was indeed too old. As all other old cans still did the trick, this one did not. No, I used metal wire for suspension, but I had several Imps in my boxes ready to be sprayed, so therefore, just for the picture, I took out just any inner or any suspension.  The original rear suspension is always taken out with me, the front one either stays in, or taken out and the steering glued in. As you can see the steering on piece with the suspension. Both rear and front are originally very weak, and break most of the times in two parts.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder

This is no doubt the original Corgi version of the suspension?

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Glad you like the model.</p>

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Oooh I do like the model, those beacons are your own made up am guessing look like painted metal of some sort I do not know just trying to figure out the suspension set up on the corgi's is a little different to dinky toys.

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #10

Nice and clean model! How do you attach the spring wire? You don't glue it in?

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>Oke. From the start....... never mind the difference in colours of the interior parts, as these pictures I just took from leftovers for the next round. Also, you do not see the original suspension from the outsides, if ever you want to do one.</p>
<p>The unit (all Imps)looks like this when you open it.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>First, you see the little round thing touching the rear tyre. This is part of the rear bench, and when you press on the model, the tyre 'grips' that round thing (it is the same onb the left rear tyre). When you then move the car, the rear bench can be either up or folded down.</p>
<p>Now look at the front. The steering is one piece with the 'suspension'. The suspension is no more than a double folded plastic part. The same system in in the rear.</p>
<p>In this picture all parts are removed from the base. You see the seat and thr round parts making it go up and down.</p>
<p>Nr 1 is a broken front suspension, steering already broken off. Nr are two rear suspensions, one intact, one half broken.</p>
<p>
shell gas station near me hours</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I notice that the rear seat is resting on that white part now.

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>Indeed, the front stays in place becasue it is more or less one part with the interior, the rear is pressed down by the interior. I hope you agree with me that this is the worst suspension system ever invented.......</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi Imp Fire Chief version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Not the most durable compared with your supplement item, so the front item 1 does not need to be replaced?
  • Page: