Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Imp police version nr 506

Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Corgi did several of these with police and civilian versions. The police version is nr 506. The police stickers are glow in the dark.</p>
<p>
amegy bank locations</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>The suspension is always low or broken. It is a small plastic double folded piece for each axle. Here the solution.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The rear window opens with a hinge, and can be drilled out. In this case it was gone, so I placed a new rear window.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The top beaken is added later.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Finished.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
what do forensic anthropologists study</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The pair together.</p>
<p>
chevron diesel station locator</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Is that suspension plastic? looks like metal to me.

Good to know you will be able to see those decals even in low light being reflective.

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>Only the police decals are original and reflect, the fire chiefs do not. The suspension is explained in the Fire chief thread.</p>

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The side stripes really suit these cars & match in well with the decals, niceto see a fire brigade version, this really suits the car.

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>&lt;p&gt;I agree with Andy, they both look good. I did not know about Glow in the Dark stickers on these. That is interesting and you can see it on Third post. Showing a slight green color which is the phosphorus that reacts to light, specially sun light&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p>&lt;p&gt;Quick correction on my part When I said Phosphorus I meant to say phosphorescence instead. I looked it up and this is what I got.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p><span class="ILfuVd"><span class="e24Kjd">&lt;p&gt;"Glow in the dark stars etc consist of plastic containing a phosphorescent power. Back in the 1970's, the only glowing pigment was Zinc Sulfide, which emitted a green light. Zinc Sulfide remains the most commonly used phosphorescent pigment today because it is inexpensive.&lt;/p.<br /></span></span></p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>If possible I will take a picture of the glow in the dark stickers. I can't think of any other model Corgi did like that.</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>I tried, no luck.</p>
<p>Ok, these stickers absorb light. Then they glow in the dark. I held one side in the light of a lamp, then placed it in the dark, and only the police sign was visable. The other side, which was not exposed to the lamplight shortly before, did not glow. Big fun isn't it!?</p>

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
The No. 373 Police Volkswagen beetle also had the glow in the dark stickers.
But also issued (I'm assuming later on) with plain stickers.

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Thats interesting to know as I too thought it was only the Imp that had these.

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
There may be more but you can't tell unless you have the model. Pictures don't often show it as Glow in the dark

Re: Corgi Imp police version nr 506 2 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks CCE, of course I knew......that's me, I liked someone to look up if there are other glow in the dark models...I don't blame you though CCE, as you know them by head, like me.....</p>
  • Page: