Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The High Loader

The High Loader 2 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>With this one the three doors stayed in, and all the way around a 'groove' was dremeled. Then I made a curtain blind into shape, so it exactly fitted into the groove. It fitted so well, that no extra support was needed.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: The High Loader 2 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Good job, tricky getting that groove in the right place in all the vertical stanchions. Careful measurements there and a steady hand.

Re: The High Loader 2 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>Yes, making those grooves was quite a thing. Hopefully you can see where I made them when you blow up the picture.</p>
<p>Here the finished pictures. The load is the two  Auto Pilen Mini's I restored earlier.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
closest 24 hour gas station near me</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: The High Loader 2 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Nice and looks the part. Do you have a ramp for the rear? Metallic green is a different color for these Mini's. Looks different that is for sure.

Re: The High Loader 2 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim, the Minis are just placed as an example, but when I decide to sell it I will let the buyer decide. I reckon light coloured models suit the model best.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.
  • Page: