Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433

Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>My 'counter' is on 44 models in about 3 weeks. So after this I will take a break.</p>
<p>Nr 433 is a closed VW van. (nr 434 is wih side windows)</p>
<p>Corgi did a special one (like the AVRO-bode) for the Dutch Vroom and Dreesman company, which used to be a sort of big shop like Woolworths in the UK. It went bankrupt only a few years ago.</p>
<p>The model came as a wreck, and it gave me a lot of trouble.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>As you can see the middle and the left stands were mssing. In the picture I tried to place some metal (umbrella) parts. Thsoe were too thin, so I tried to fill them a bit with plaster. I could not get the surfaces smooth enough, because there is no room to file them. So I took those off, and cut a strip of curtain blinds. I glued those in from the inside.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>In the first picture you can see the upper ridge of the window-hole is very rough. As the glazing does not go over this to mask it, I managed to file it off in the second picture.</p>
<p>With very fine detailing, like removing holes and these stands, you cannot really see the outcome by plain eyesight. Therefore it can help to spray the part in primer. Here the parts ready to paint.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>First layer or primer.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Every time Iadded some plaster here and there and took some away again. Then another layer of primer was added.</p>
<p>The upper inside ridge was filled up too, as it made the upper connection of the centre stand stronger.</p>
<p>
bank of baroda atm nearby</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>Still looks pretty rough in the picture, but after a few layers the rough parts were filled up. Several thin layers of transparant shine were added and the stickers applied. Here the more or less ready model. The windows were already blackened when I got it, and I decided to leave them like that.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>I even made the box.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
umb bank near me</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice recovery Kees. I have never heard of that shop but its advertising lives on in your model. Good go on the window repair too. Looks good from my desk.

Re: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim, forgot to say, but obvious, it is just primer and clear coat. The actual model was a bit darker than mine.</p>

Re: Vroom & Dreesman nr 433 1 year, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I have used Red, Grey and White primer for certain models paints. I use grey the most and it is for Corgi Bases. I then do as you did, spray them with clear coat. They look good and as Corgi did so many different shades of Grey Bases over the years, it does not really matter if it is off a bit from what you started with.
Your grey on this model looks like paint to me from here so it works when done properly.
  • Page: