Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>As long as we realise that only giving comment of how it should be done does not help. Also there are enough 'members' just reading, and never give any comment.</p>
<p>So, please tell us how you restored the model you showed.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>I am sure you can find the pictures. Very eager to see them, but can't wait no longer right now, back to restoring.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>I only mean that i like original, that is all.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>You mean to say you cannot find the pictures, right? Pity I waited for them, as I could have restored a model in the mean time.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have many pictures of my restorations, even here on PD.</p>
<p>I like it original, you don't.</p>
<p>Why are you so upset about that?</p>
<p>Is it because you think i want to take over your thread?</p>
<p>I don't. I even said you did a fantastic job.</p>
<p>And i did not said i restored the car that i showed. I posted that picture to let you see how it is original.</p>
<p>I like it with the lightbulb.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
<p>I sent you a PM about this. Thanks for showing us there should actually be a lamp in the roof.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
This is a bit ridiculous or starting to be. First off, if your critisizing someone for doing a model the way they like it, there is no place for that here. I have had many say I destroy models when I restore them and I am in the wrong for doing so. I just answer back that it is the customers model and they can do what they want with it. I am just the middle man that makes it the way they want it. If I always did it the way others wanted me to I would not be doing what I am doing as most of them models I have build in the last 12 years or so have been at least displayable or better. Yes some are really bad but that is what I try to do for myself.
Complaining about the model not being original is your opinion but please keep that kind of comment to your self as all of us do it different from you. Light bulb or not it is still a restored model in Code 3 as it has add ons. Take it for what it is Please.
In future if you are going to point out what you think is a mistake please show YOUR OWN as an example. Kees has always used used and broken items to complete his works. Take his Time Machine as an example or his Beatles Ambulance, that is not supposed to have a British Band coming up out of the insides but he did it that way because he liked it. I like that kind of work too even if I don't do that very often. Still no reason to criticize him on his work. Take it for what it is and just ask the question, Don't go on about it if you don't like the answer.
I apologize to the members for the above statement but this has happened before and I for one am tired of it.
Let just get along and play well with each other.

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>It is not for critisizing. I said he did a beautifull job. I like original, that is all. Ofcourse he can do with his model what he wants.</p>
<p>I thought this forum was for that you can write what you think.</p>
<p>If i have done something wrong, i apologize.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
<p>Guys, it is difficult to express exactly what I mean. Jim, thanks for your explain. Chacca, first of all, aplologies accepted, and I don't think you had the intention to critisize, but you have to bear in mind we are in different worlds. As you can see now, one word more or less and the whole thing gets a different meaning.</p>
<p>I realize I sometimes am not the easiest person to get along with either. Bear in mind I spend a lot of time in making bigger threads, simply because I like it. For me, the ideal situation would be a lot of replies, BUT CONSTRUCTIVE. As we know, there are just minor replies to whatever the posting. If I then place a big long posting, and someone mentions a minor problem, like in this case a lamp, I do not like that. I also know I am getting far deeper into models and restoring than most others here, so mostly it feels like living on an island........</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
<p>So Chacca, see it the other way: of course everyone can critisize, as long as it is constructive. Sometimes there is a fine line between negative and positive, you just have to find the right way.</p>
<p>Jim, I carefully read what you wrote, and also between us there are differences. It would not be fun if we were all thinking the same way anyway. Thing is, you are mostly into restoring as original, and (I think) mostly for customers. I do not restore models which are still representable, whatever that means, and therefore I seldom buy them. I just buy junk, that HAS to be restored. Also, mostly I do not restore for customers, but for my own fun. I am just lucky when someone wants to buy a specific model from my sales room.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
<p>Reading my own postings, it is actually quite funny: I did not have the time this evening to mingle into the discussion, because the customer came around to buy the COOP set. Sold for the price I asked.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now you have me wondering about my Commer Vans</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>(1963) 464 - Commer "County Police" Van(1963) 465 - Commer ¾ Ton Chassis Pick-Up Truck (1963) GS24 - Constructor Gift Set (1964) 463 - Commer Ambulance (1964) 466 - Commer Milk Float (1965) 354 - Commer Military Ambulance (1965) 355 - Commer US Army Military Police Van (1967) 464 - Commer "Police" Van (1967) 479 - Commer Samuelson Film Service Mobile Camera Van (1968) 508 - Holiday Camp Special Commer Mini Bus (1970?) 462 - Hammonds Commer Van (1970?) 1151 - Co-op Promotional Set – 462 Commer Milk Van &amp; 466 Milk Float</p>
<p>I also have a few Milton, Petrel &amp; Hoda copies</p>
<p>To get the Trans-O-Lites, I imagine the chassis was originally a red van from a Constructor Set.</p>
<p>Interesting that the roof light didn't line up with the electric part. I think that's because the later issue of the Police Van had the roof light closer to the front.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by CorgiCrossEyed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks CCE, there are indeed a lot of variatations, some I have never seen. There is also a Dutch police version of nr 464, and the sticker says: rijks politie. No doubt there are more variations, like the Commer milk float 466. That one has a take off rear in the Construction set, and a non take off rear as nr 466.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
If I offended anyone with my rant, I apologize. That was not the intent. Like Kees said above. there is a fine line in there that sometimes get crossed, unintentionally but it does get crossed from time to time. We all have to remember is is a World Wide forum and we do not all speak the same language and those that do have a good command of English still have problems with some words or phrases because English is not their native language. I have corrected some over the years and others have told me to stop it.
Kees, you are correct in that we differ. That is something I like about our friendship, we don't always think alike and it spurs on the conversation. We learn as we go and like Kees says. All comments are welcome even pointing out mistakes if fine as sometime we miss them due to the model being our own. Sometimes what others think is a mistake was done on purpose and if you don't ask you will never know. Of course we have to be polite and not start up a feud.
All in all the members here are great and we all seem to get along, most of the time. Just like a real family and I consider you all part of my on line family. We will all seldom agree on a topic though. Main thing is we have fun and if we learn new things in the process, all the better. Happy modelling for those that do that and Happy Collecting to all.

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 1 year, 8 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Greg, that is quite the collection of Commer Vans you have. Is that all the Corgi produced over the years or are you still looking for some? I had no idea there were so many variations.