Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2

Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here version 2. I am pleased with the outcome. Every time I did a little bit of red, I really took the time to have a break, and then carry on.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>A policeman was added out of the police Impala.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>These Commers never had a drive, and as far as I know the police version never had transolite, so......this was added.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>I also wanted to add a rear light, but that did not work out. So I also used another base which did not have the light switch.</p>
<p>
where is the nearest exxon mobil</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>As you can see the hole of the roof light in the metal rear is near the front, while the plastic electric part has in in the centre. I went through my boxes, found about six more electric parts all with the bulb in the centre.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>I found a part in my boxes which fitted. So, here the complete model.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
petrol station near me</p>
<p>
pnb atm branches</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Painting those lines and letters is not an easy job. It can be nerve wracking at time. Taking your time and bit by bit is what you did and is usually what I do too. Being calm is the key. I like the idea of adding Trans-o-lites to this van. gives it some uniqueness just like the top ice cream cone.

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim. About the ice cream cone, I forgot where it came from. On the inside there is a little red ball, moving in a small housing. The housing goes over to this outside ring you can see. The ball goes over to the red part you see. When I glued it in, I could press the red part in, so it was no longer visable, That is why I filled up the inside with plaster.</p>
<p>The part reminds me of the red floating ball you find in a coffee machine: pour the water in, and the ball starts to float on the water level in a tube.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Painting the sides in red was not done with a brush, but with a special pin.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>Why did you not used a lightbulb? This model has an axcle for letting the lightbulb flash.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
So glad you like the way I did all the models I did the past few weeks and showed here.

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here is a picture of the model with lightbulb. The axcle makes the lightbulb flash.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now that is really taking over 'my' thread, isn't it? Please tell us how you 'restored' the model in your picture. By now I am used by you not answering to this.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>I'm not trying to take over your thread. I think you did a fantastic job restoring it. But i like to keep the models original. I was just wondering why you did not used a lightbulb.</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>Fair enough, I just like to do most of my models NON original, because it is more fun to find parts never used on originals, and a lot cheaper. Besides, after doing a lot of Commers, all with bulbs, this one stands out. Especially for you both police Commers together. Yes, the small front stickers are non original.......</p>
<p>
degrees needed to be a forensic anthropologist</p>

Re: Corgi Commer Police nr 464 version 2 2 years, 3 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>Everybody has a different opinion. You like non original, i like original.</p>