Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Some Corgi Corvettes

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>Correct, the plastic welded tyres on the LBasre seldom missing. The window unit is the same on both models. Indeed, a window is impossible to make from flat plastic, unless you have a vacuum former of course......</p>
<p>As I have one LB still on the bench, which is halfway done, I will show you a bumper repair, to follow soon I hope.</p>
<p>Ok, here a picture of several parts. The yellow interior (with golf bag) is for the 310, the red one for the 337/LB. They seem the same, but they are not. Only when you cut away parts, they fit vica versa. Then the wheels with plastic tyres for the LB, and a set without tyres for the 310. Although both axles are equally long, the tyres for the 337 are hard, and therefore do not fit the suspension of the 310. Again, unless you do some carefull cutting. Then there is a 310 front light unit, and the air intake part you were asking about.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok, I just finished the last one. It is all from leftover parts. Basicly it is a LB type.</p>
<p>The bumper unit was not the best, so I added a new front bumper from curtain blind.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>As you can see the front and rear bumper/suspension unit are two parts, from the 310. I added a flat metal spring for extra support. Further the window is made out of two parts, and wheels from the 310 basic model are added.</p>
<p>The only way you can see it is made from two models is to look closely between exhaust and front wheel arch. I had to cut that part away, otherwise the exhausts would not fit. On the 310 there is a flat chrome bar leading from one wheel arch to the other.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
td bank atm locations near me</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Can't see where fat metal spring is?

All in all looks factory to me bar those 310 wheel hubs.

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, in picture 3 of this thread you can see an example of the extra suspension. In that case with curtain blind, with this one with a flat steel spring from a VHS tape.</p>

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
still can't see it lol

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok, here the model as it looks when you open it up.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>and here, between the red arrows, the extra suspension.</p>
<p>
starting salary for forensic anthropologist</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Personally I thought it was easy to spot and an excellent fix for this poor suspension.

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>I do these ones (also with the Mustangs) with either curtain blinds or flat VHS springs.</p>

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
You have shown many examples in the past so I knew what to look for, Others not so much, I guess.

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
My eyes are adjusting!

looks like there is a very small hole at the front of it also in close proximity to the engine area.

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Yes, I see the hole as well. It is a narrow white band of window blind material that goes from left red arrow to right red arrow. Looks to be about 1/4" to 3/8" wide. It works well in light suspensions. For heavier cars and trucks he uses VHS springs from inside the tape box that holds the VHS tape. He also gets base screws etc from them too.

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok, as I said before, certain details I do not explain because either I forget, of I think I explained it before.The strip has a hole in the front, because on the inside of the base, at the engine, a pillar is standing upright holding the engine in place. Therefore I had to make a hole in the plastic strip, or take away the pillar. In the last case the engine could drop down, and the additional strip could move in a position I did not want. So, by making a hole, I got two problems solved: the strip stays in place and the engine stays in place.</p>

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Yes, there is always method to what you do. Some would even say method to your madness and you are mad over Corgi (that is a good thing)

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim. I realise I never made  a picture of the inside of the baseplates of those Corvettes.</p>
<p>So here it is.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Some Corgi Corvettes 1 year, 8 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
<p>The yellow one is the Lazy Bones version. You see a pillar where the engine is located. This pillar holds the engine in place. As the engine exhausts stick out of the hood, if that piller would NOT be there, the engine could be pressed in and cause damage.</p>
<p>The red one is from the basic version 310. This one does not have a pillar sticking out of the baseplate. No need to, because this model only has a flat air intake, which is actually held in place by the complete bumper/suspension unit.</p>
<p>So, by adding my own flat suspension to the LB I had to drill a hole in that flat spring, for the pillar to stick through. That way an axtra advantage is that the new suspension stays in place.</p>