Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Volvo P1800

Corgi Volvo P1800 1 year, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here several Volvo models I finished today. Nr 228 is the plain one, nr 258 The Saint. There is no difference between both versions, besides an added driver and a Saint logo on the hood. They are all for sale, more versions in stock.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Volvo P1800 1 year, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Looks like you have been rather busy there Kees!

Re: Corgi Volvo P1800 1 year, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
The man never sits still. If not doing models in the summer he is in his garden or off fixing things for the seniors in his village. He likes to keep busy so that is why you see all the toys he sand blasted and more compete models will be coming soon If I know Kees.
I will say he did a great job on these Volvo P1800's though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi Volvo P1800 1 year, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
He must be like a God to those seniors!

Re: Corgi Volvo P1800 1 year, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks guys, I consider this talk as a compliment. A lot of things I am doing just crossed my path so to speak. I can focus on restoring these days because the volleybal season ended, and as I showed you, I sandblasted a lot of models one go a few weeks ago. Once I get the hang of it, I restore several models of the same kind in one go.</p>
<p>In between the model restoring I did the rpair cafe last week, and an elderly lady showed up with a small dish which was broken in two. The dish is part of a collection, so she is very fond of it. I thought it would be a simple job, but it is not. I glued the two parts together no problem,and there aren't even parts missing. Thing is, you see the crack line, and as the dish is only one colour at the crack, it is difficult to mix paint in exactly the right colour.  No before pictures, but I will try to picture the dish as it is now.</p>

Re: Corgi Volvo P1800 1 year, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>About the seniors, I am not a God.....I just like to give them some time and have a laugh with them. You have to consider these elderly are the ones that were here in war time, and if they would not have survived,  we would not have been alive today. I realise that more and more, and losing a parent makes you really think. Every time I come to the old people place for the repaircafe, to bring fruit or to just have a talk, it can be I 'miss' someone who passed away. So, I do the things I do I suppose, while they are still here.</p>
  • Page: