Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246 1 year, 9 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks 143. I drilled a hole from the front rivet through the engine, so the front is a screw and nut, which you can see on the engine. As the upper part of the model is actually a front and a rear with no connection in the middle (there is no rim under the doors), a rivet or short screw which I normally use would not hold the structure together very well.</p>

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246 1 year, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Looking forward to seeing the Bermuda Taxi.

I wonder if you will be doing something different with the doors.

Remember the Bermuda version of the Chrysler Imperial had different doors.
With no glass and inner detail actually cast onto the doors.

I remember making up some graphics years ago for the stickers.
Let me know if you need them.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246 1 year, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>There could be a mix up. Corgi DID make a Bermuda taxi, nr 430, which is a Ford Thunderbird. With this one the doors do not open. Here a picture of the one I did in the past.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>There is a leaflet from Corgi in which they announce the Chrysler taxi but it never materialised.</p>
<p>Thanks for offering the stickers, but I have enough to make a dozen taxis!</p>

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246 1 year, 9 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Not the Thunderbird.
I have a few of those.

It's the model No. 507 in the 1969 catalogue.

Never issued.

I'm sure that you already have a box for it.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246 1 year, 9 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>Great set of taxis!</p>
<p>Yes, I have the box already, so no problem making the model.</p>

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246 1 year, 9 months ago #21

Great write up on this model. I never knew the front and rear were separate parts.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246 1 year, 9 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Interesting and complicated. I did not know about this model and it seems very hard to put back together therefore making it that much more enjoyable when complete. Nice work.

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246 1 year, 9 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks everyone. Indeed a bit difficult to put together. For instance, when I placed the rear boot lid in, and then turned the rear part the right way, the lid kept falling out, that is why I stuck it in place with masking tape, which I was able to remove later. (see picture) The same with the engine cover.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi Chrysler Imperial nr 246 1 year, 9 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
That is the way I do some Dinky toys that have parts such as trucks or hoods that do not want to stay in place while assembling. Makes it so much easier.
  • Page: