Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
<p>As the customer will come and pick up one of the two sets this week, I finished the boxes for them yesterday.</p>
<p>The other set will be for sale, and I am open to offers.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Nicely presented and I am sure your customer will be very happy to own these. Great looking set.

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, the only thing bothering me is the space between the two Commers.</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
I just looked up this set on Google and came up with this photo which will show you how it was done by Corgi. Make a little upside down box in White for the middle.

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
<p>Jim, no idea of you meant it as a joke, but firstly Corgi NEVER did a box for this set. It was sent to certain sellers in plain brown packing paper. Second, the picture you showed is......mine! Well, I did about a dozen of these boxes before so it could be that it is fro ma buyer or friend. Where did you see it????</p>
<p>I made spacers of styrofoam, so done.</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
<p>I wanted to add a picture, but it does not show up....!</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
<p>It still does not show up. When I copy it and paste it here, the total 'code' seems ok, but when I submit there is no picture. Maybe I reached a certain quotum...?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>...........it works again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
No Joke, Kees. I did a google search for "Corgi COOP Set" and it was one of the first pictures I saw so copied it and put it up here. Did not notice who it was posted by. I just did it again and in Images of the search yours if first in line and says it is from Planet Diecast Set No 1151 Restored. So must be yours. It looked official with the upside down white box.
There are three more of your pictures in that first line too, all of the set your just did.

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim. Making boxes for single models is ok, but doing them for larger sets always gives me trouble. When I first did the box for this COOP set, I found the upper and lower box material was too thin. Also, it is more difficult to do a good lift off lid box than a flip open one.</p>
<p>So, this time I did the lid first, and made it stronger with thick carton on the inside.</p>
<p>The lower part is seldom a good fit to the upper part. Either too loose, so it opens by just lifting the lid. Or it is too tight, and it does not open.......</p>
<p>The correct way is to use a slight upward force when lifting the lid, and the air comes in. When placing the lid on the lower part the air should press out.</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
<p>With both boxes I did now, also this is the case:</p>
<p>When the lid is on the lower part, WITHOUT the models in, it is hard to open it. However, when the models ARE in, lifting the lid is far easier, because of the weight inside!!!!</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here the inside of the lid.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
closest arvest bank</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
I like the idea of the thick plain brown cardboard for the inner tray.
It helps it retain some connection to the original packaging style.

Rather than the styrene, how about adding an extra folded packing piece, similar to the original.

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 8 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, but the picture you show is without the the two Commer boxes, so it is different anyway. With the polystyrene part the truck does not rattle in the box.</p>