Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>I sometimes need a 'break' from certain long threads like this one. Meanwhile, believe it or not, I restored another model! Let me carry on with this one.</p>
<p>Becasue I did two simultaniously, I will try to keep the pictures of especially the second trailer till the end. So, over to the truck.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>The trucks for the sets are completely white. Again a bit difficult to explain how the building up goes. Let's start with the central/main axle. The rear axle goes through this main axle, so therefore one of the heads of the end of the rear axle was dremeled off, and two wheels removed.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>The rear axle is lead through the clamps of the lower chassis.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>After this the two wheels are placed back into position, and then I tapped the open end of the axle flat. No pictures of that, but the untouched end of the axle was placed on the vice on the workbanch, and the open end was tapped upon with a small hammer. You have to do that rapidly becasue with a tap the metal deforms, and turns a little flat. However, it is proven that the shorte the intervals between the taps, the quicker the axle will become flat. One mis-tap and the model is ruined though.........</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>Then a flat spring goes into the open end of the main axle, and unde tension you have to press it into the front part of the chassis.</p>
<p>As the flat spring presses downwards, the front axle is just laid between the chassis and the lower baseplate, to follow.</p>
<p>
closest comerica bank</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>The small flat spring in the front has enough force to press the complete main axle downwards, so not only the front axle will be pressed down, but also the rear one.</p>
<p>The next picture shows where the baseplate goes. Because there is a downforce on it from the front axle, I tied a cord around it before placing the screws. The position of the two rivets could have been done better by Corgi. It would have been better to place two central rivets next to one another, because now the base has a tendecy not to stay flat, with of the inside pressing on it. The rivet towards the rear is too far away from the front tension.</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
<p>The baseplate has an irregular shape, due to the fact the spare wheel had to be placed somewhere.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here the place where the flat spring comes out (unrestored model).</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>And there one of the restored models with the spare wheel.</p>
<p>
td bank branch hours of operation</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>As the customer wanted a driver, it was added (see other thread for comment on 'the chap')</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The upper part 'hooks' into the lower chassis, and can actually be taken off without drilling or whatever. Again, a strange solution, and therefore a lot of cabins are lost. Corgi must have had great difficulties with developing this truck.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
<p>As the trucks and Commers are the same for both sets, here the second trailer. This one does not have standing up ridges.</p>
<p>This one is from the Express service. As you can see it has holes on the edges. So, what to do? The two Commers should be on it, and without ridges they would easily fall off. So, I used the pins from a few electric plugs.</p>
<p>
i need the closest gas station</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
<p>They fit exactly into the holes.</p>
<p>Then old pushbike spokes were cut to size, and fitted in.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>(as one was not completely straight, I replaced it later by a straight spoke)</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
<p>A small support in the front, and ballbearings on top!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here the final pictures of the two.</p>
<p>
closest 24 hour gas station near me</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
They look factory

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, that thread took a lot of pictures, a lot of text and a looooooot of time!!!!</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
That is a build and looks really great. Good pointers on the springs and great idea on the side bars for the second trailer. As Andy says, it looks factory done.
Congrats and your customer will be very pleased, I am sure.