Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151

Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well, there we go.....</p>
<p>This set was given to specific sellers who proved they sold certain amounts of Corgi models......there was no box for it, it just came in a plain carton one.</p>
<p>I did one of these in the past, and now I did two. I showed you yesterday I did a lot of those Commer vans in one go, so there will be four more in this thread.</p>
<p>A customer wanted me to do a set, and it took me a while to get all the specific models together.</p>
<p>Because it is a huge project, it can be not all pictures are in the right order.......</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>I decided to do two sets more or less simultaniously, which more or less look like the ones which came out of the factory, also because the cusotmer wanted one.</p>
<p>I have enough material to do two more sets, which will have variations in colour, but I only started with those.</p>
<p>Let me set off with some general pictures to give you an idea.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
anthropology professor salary</p>
<p>
gas near me open now</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>As you can see one of the trailers has standing up ridges, the other does not. There is a plan for that one....</p>
<p>The Commers first. Here two, one for each set.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Opened up you can see they the rear part is connected to the model by one of those metal slots I told you about earlier.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>These slots can only be removed in a certain angle. When the model is closed this angle cannot me made, so therefore the rear can not be separated from the model when closed.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>One of the plastic platforms with milkbottles as it came out.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>and after cleaning.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>The other one. Bottle tops repainted red with a needle.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The way the platform rests in the rear part.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>I will show you these Commer vans at the end of this thread, when the sets are complete.</p>
<p>Next is the trailer. Here an old Chipperfields set, for which the same trailer was used.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>This is the wheel unit.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>It is attached to the trailer by one central rivet. You can see the two silver parts, which are supposed to be suspension. Corgi made a mess of this, as they either do not function at all, or they will break sooner or later.</p>
<p>Here some broken units.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>The unit in parts.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>And ready to assemble.</p>
<p>
english gypsy baby names</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>I will take a break now.......</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
It is an eye opener on just how many parts went to making this model, I think Corgi put the most into making their models have that extra paly value.

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here the underside of the trailer.</p>
<p>
pnc atm locations near me</p>
<p>I decided to mask off the little front wheel before I sandblasted and sprayed it. It has a flat spring so the wheel can either stay up or down. The spring was a bit worn out, so I pressed a small piece of metal in the gap to give it some more tension. The black lever on the side is plastic, and when you place or remove the truck, that lever releases or holds the towing knob of the truck.</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>As I said, the wheels do not have much suspension, due to the poor plastic parts.</p>
<p>So.......I made this part. Never seen it done before like that, so I am quite proud on this achievement. In this picture you see I took a flat spring from a VHS tape, drilled a hole in the centre. Two piano wire parts were cut and bent at the ends.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, when done it looks like this.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>It is a bit tricky to fit together, but this is it.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>So I tried to screw it into the trailer. As there is tension on the flat spring pulling both axles down, a screw in the central hole does not hold. Therefore I drilled trough the unit, took a longer screw with nut, and this way the system is very secure and fully working!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi COOP sets nr 1151 1 year, 9 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Great idea on the suspension. These are coming along nicely and I for one am looking forward to seeing them being built and the finished product. I don't have much experience with these trucks but I have done the Express Service truck so know about those plastic suspension parts. I did one for a customer and it had good plastic parts. Mine has one side broken and lost and the other side is there but the axles are sloppy. I probably won't touch it as all the rest is really good and it has a restored Ford Tilt Cab I did some years ago.