Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463

Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Did you ever have a day you finished more than 10 resto's in one go??????</p>
<p>As I had over 100 models in primer and a load of new paint bottles, I am working on a lot of models simultaniously. Big fun, but also heavy thinking and planning.</p>
<p>So, here a Commer ambulance. Corgi made countless variations of this model. The model itself came either plain and with transolite. There were a lot of rear part variations, which were either not or detachable.</p>
<p>So here the old original one. The rear cannot be taken off.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>They all have a vaccuum formed interior, and the police versions have a light on top which can be switched on/off underneath. Most variations came in the 'Constructor set', in which several cars and several rear parts, which are all interchangable with one another. That way you can make several model combinations.</p>
<p>After spraying thid is the building up. The glazing was placed and then the interior. Is is held in place by two stands on the inside of the base, but especially the interior keeps rattling, so I used a little glue here and there.</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>The next is a bit difficult to explain, because I did not use all the original inside parts.</p>
<p>Ok, in the Constructor set there is a rotating knob on the base, so you can remove the rear part. I will show you that version in the next. The version I opened up came as a single model, so nr 463.</p>
<p>The rear part cannot be taken off, but it is still a separate part. This is why:</p>
<p>The 'eye' of thr rear part goes into a hole in the centre of the model. A small metal part goes through the hole and is secured by pressing the hole onto a small knob on the underside of the model. However, when the part is lost it is easy to solve with a piece of plastic with a hole in it, used in the next picture.</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Instead of this, I used a baseplate as used in the constructor set. Here you can see the button (which can be operated through the base).</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>And here how it secures the upper rear part.</p>
<p>
nearest shell gas station with car wash</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now let me go over to the rear/roof part. The metal is ok, but the glazing should have a light dome sticking out of the roof. Well, as you saw in the first picture, there is a hole where the light should be.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>But.....the dome was pressed into the model, broke off the glazing, and was still there, inside.</p>
<p>
amex bank near me</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>I then found a nice metal surround ring in my spares (maybe it is an original), which I glued in.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>The glazing was pressed in, the dome glued.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>The base was then screwed on, stickers applied and dome painted blue. The stickers are originally higher up, but I like them lower like this.</p>
<p>
diesel gas near me location</p>

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>The base clicks into the front with two 'grips', painted red in this case. In the rear I used a screw. Because when the model has the rear on, you do not see the screw sticking out, I drillled through the model, simpley because that way it is stronger than a short screw. (no pictures of this)</p>
<p>
is td bank open on saturday</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I have seen this van before but I have never had one in my hands. Looks about the size of a Dinky Bedford Van like the Kodak or Dinky Toys vans. Nice explanation on the conversion to removable, again, I learned something today. Thanks
Great looking model and I wonder whey they never put anything on the front or rear. Front could have Ambulance backwards just above or even over top of the front emblem.

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim, I suppose they thought there was no room for a text in the front, but a good idea though.</p>
<p>I sandblasted about 10 of these last week, also because a customer wanted me to do a project.</p>

Re: Corgi toys Commer Ambulance nr 463 1 year, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Great work Keesie, this one has the early type grill.
  • Page: