Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Toys AVRO bode

Corgi Toys AVRO bode 1 year, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>As you know Corgi made several 'specials', for certain occasions, which tend to be quite expensive now. It is written that only 650 models were made of the Bedford AVRO bode.</p>
<p>The AVRO was and still is a Dutch TV and radio company, and a 'bode' is the weekly magazine of that company, in which you could see the programs coming for that week.</p>
<p>I suppose this van was supposed to take the magazines to the customers. There is nothing really special about it, besides the side stickers. So why not add something special..........</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Corgi Toys AVRO bode 1 year, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>As there was no interior in this model originally, the added driver is now sitting on a piece of wood, not visable from the outside. He has a pile of magazines next to him on the passenger seat, ready to be delivered.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi Toys AVRO bode 1 year, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>The wheels were polished, the tin baseplate painted.</p>
<p>
xotic girls</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi Toys AVRO bode 1 year, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Nice addition to a plane model. The blue suits the van and driver and papers make it real. Thanks for showing.

Re: Corgi Toys AVRO bode 1 year, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Where did said chap come from>
?

Re: Corgi Toys AVRO bode 1 year, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Probably out of that box of stuff he showed a week or 2 ago. He may not know what it belongs too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi Toys AVRO bode 1 year, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>The chap is from a bulk lot I bought on Ebay, I thought from China. These figures are actually a bit too big for most of my models, but as they were very cheap, I can risk to cut them up.</p>
<p>You will not believe this chap actually had his arms crossed one over the other in front of him. I cut off his right shoulder, and used.........a LEG from another figure to make a new arm!!!!! I had several legs lying on the bench, see, because I had to chop up some more figures for this project.....</p>

Re: Corgi Toys AVRO bode 1 year, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Well it worked out well. Use what you have is your motto.
  • Page: