Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Paint bottles

Re: Paint bottles 1 year, 9 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim, I also use acryl paint mostly. I just love these metallic look colours, and as you know me, I don't care about resto's after the originals.</p>
<p>This way: sandblasting a lot in one go, primer a lot in one go, spray a lot in one go, it saves so much time and paint. When the lot is sprayed and dry, I can then take it easy and finish whatever whenever.</p>
<p>Most names/brands you mention we do not have. Most cans I have are either no name, Motip, OK, or dupli-colour. Also, I seldom go for expensive cans.</p>

Re: Paint bottles 1 year, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>I know and use Dupli-Colour, I forgot about that one.</p>
<p>Here the cans sell for about $7.95 and up to about $9.95. There are more expensive ones that can run up to about $30.00 but they are usually specially matched colors for Car Brands. Regular paints come in the tall can or the short can and most times there is no difference in price and sometimes the small can is more expensive. Like the can I bought for the Ecurie Ecosse, that was not cheap but I can use it again. Using your method would indeed save time, paint and money all in one go but then I don't have the access to buy the number of toys you have over in Europe and the UK. I still have about 8 or so on my desk I want to do. Finishing off the Rolls Royce as it is raining today and can't stain as on where but outside to dry it.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Paint bottles 1 year, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>We have the small Tamya cans, and I once bought a few. They are only for sale in hobby shops, and I think they are around 6 euros. The quality is very good, but you can only spray a little with it.</p>

Re: Paint bottles 1 year, 9 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
I have never bought Tamiya Spray paint. I have tried their regular paint but find it is too expensive for what I do. They are a small can and that also makes me want to stay away as they are not that cheap here in Canada. More like 10 to 12 Euro I think.
  • Page: