Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1/18 MG TC racing mod

1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
<p>
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br /><br /></p>
<p>
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br /><br /></p>
Last Edit: 7 months, 2 weeks ago by modifier.

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Very good have you done all this by yourself or did you get somebody to step in and help?<br /><br />I presume the cut-away engine is to stop overheating whilst at speed racing</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by 143Madness.

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>This is my hobby and I dont  get help from no one. Get the ideas by looking at Google pictures</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Self taught no doubt, how may I ask did you learn about modifying die cast cars? I only ask because sometimes models are created with other people in mind. Yes, google is a good place to get ideas for your projects as there is a lot of different stuff out there and the detail can be key to creating a successful model.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by 143Madness.

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #5

Expert Boarder
<p>It goes back to my teenage years, when I used to make plastic car models and I had few diecast models at the time, My first modified diecast was a Fiat 131 1/24 scale, so many years has passed since then but I started to modifing about 15 years back again. Now I am in my late 50's and still have the interest to do it, I like to turn a regular car to a racing version and during years I got more into small details and as I mentioned Google images is the best source to find ideas, I usually type the car name and at the end I type racing version, like this one MG TC racing.</p>
<p>Not quite sure what you mean by creating these things with having someone in mind</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Oddly I started modelling in my teenage years too!

Plastic Air fix or Tamiya perhaps?

I collected several 1:24 and 1:18th scale before I really even got into 1:43.

Is racing your favourite pastime?

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #7

Expert Boarder
<p>Watching it on TV yes, specially BTCC  and vintage racing</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
AS usual you have done a bang up job on this MG. It really looks the part of a track racer or course racer.
Speaking of racing MG's and other cars, Porsche, Morgan, Fiat, Citroen, Rover, Triumphs & TR 2+2's, Corvettes,quite a few MG's, TC, probably TD, MGB, MGB-GT, MGA etc., I saw at least 75 of these today on the road as I was driving home on Hwy 3 here in BC Canada. They were mostly in groups of 2 to 5, sometimes more and the occasional single car in a pack of standard vehicles you will see on BC highways. One of the best roads for driving these cars and is world renown for its beauty and the curves on the road and the scenery. There was a "Spring Thaw" Rally run this weekend. They usually start in the Okanagan Valley or down in Vancouver BC. They drive for 2 or 3 days and have stops on the way for cards or something they are supposed to collect along the way. They are also timed for each leg. I did not have my camera with me, dang, but there were a few Fiat's and some Porsche in the gas station in Rock Creek where I gas up about 30 miles (50Km) before I get home. Most of them were decked out like Rally cars with stickers, spotlights etc and all had a navigator on board. Would love to take part if I had a car. Saw some of like you like to make, Saw your avatar but did not have the yellow stripes or the 6 on white circle but it did have a white circle on the hood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: modifier

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
My post just disappeared. I looked up the rally and found the site. It started yesterday in Harrison Hot Springs which is about 40 or so miles outside Vancouver BC Canada. Here is a link to the site.
www.theprogress.com/community/video-spri...arrison-hot-springs/
One of the strangest or interesting cars was this one below. It is also on the site.
exotic pet names and meanings

I was wondering if Old Irish was there. Jerry Liudahl is a member here and he is into Jaguars and other British Cars. You can see many of his post here. Were you there Jerry???
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #10

Expert Boarder
<p>Thanks a lot I wish I could be there too and thank for the link</p>

Re: 1/18 MG TC racing mod 1 year, 11 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
You can see other cars in the background and that Mercedes was one I did see on the road as well.
  • Page: