Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
<p>You know me, picky.......I would not really be sastisfied with silver on the front.</p>
<p>We have been discussing the pros and cons of digital pictures, and again, by looking at it I guess it is ok, but when you blow it up I think it can be better. What do you think?</p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
I agree with 143 in that this is a shiny model, indeed. The window fits fine but for the very front window section. It is original and I could not get it to go any higher in the opening. I noticed this when I first took it apart and tried to get it up before I cut it up.

Kees, I had to cut the window more to get the right fit. First attempt was not good enough so I fixed that. The lettering is tricky to do as I can't find my brayer and that would make it much easier. I too noticed that a bit of yellow was missing on the letter O you point out. Good eyes. I tend to agree with you on the detailing of the front end. I have see pictures of the original and some of the toys Corgi made and some have the complete front grill painted silver like the original truck. I did not link that and almost left out the logo and the top arch chrome piece. Now that it is done, I should gave gone with my first instincts and left it just the headlight part of the grille as painted silver. I will touch up the yellow and the front bumper today.
Overall I am happy with the results. This is a thinner paint when sprayed and I have to be careful with it as it chips very easily.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
Jim, I understand. As I said, it looks good, just when you blow up (I keep saying that, but I should say: enlarge) the lines on the front tend to be a bit too thick here and there.
Silver paint, even when dry, can be removed a bit by using a wet soft cloth. On the other hand, you could ruin the paint as well......

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
I have touched it up some on the front but don't think I will do much more other than fix the one dot that did not cover right with silver. With the eye the model looks great. You are right of course that the digital camera picks up all the tiny faults. I like that most times as it helps me to find what I have missed as like I said, the camera will show you your mistakes.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
Great job.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
I touched up the front bumper and some of the surrounding chrome trim.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
<p>Good that you filled up the bits, even though they were only visable with the 'digital eye'.</p>
<p>There is now only one small part you need to fill in. Look at the parts between headlight and bumper. The light under the left headlight is filled in, the part under the right headlight, where the two lines meet, needs some silver. Here that part.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
I saw that yesterday when I posted the picture but did not have the time to do that and take another picture. The truck is back on the bench to fix that and it figures that you would see that and point it out. I am off to the Okanagan today so will probably fix it Thursday.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
Ok, so now I may as well update you all on where im at with some minor prep work on the ecossie's

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
what time do gas stations close

Interior Nastiness included a visitor!

Now, bath time!!

first tennessee near me

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
This one looks as bad as mine did. I have now touched up the corner of the grille that Keesie pointed out and a couple other little ones I saw while I was about that. I will post pictures when it is dry.

What are you using in the tub to soak the castings? Looks like regular dish soap or washing up liquid as the Brits like to say. I suppose this is to remove the crud before stripping.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
WOW!
Those are rough. Cant wait to see your magic
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #58

Platinum Boarder
Dish Soap?

I have not head of that I guess you yanks use it all the time!

Yes, the Wash liquid/dishwash soap in the bottle is blue and has the scent of Eucalyptus that I find much better than the lemon for a natural longer lasting deep clean affect.

The Caustic at least got rid of the horrible lingering smell that one of the ecuries has had (smelt a bit like cat wee) but the Eucalyptus is good for everything 'normal' i.e. left over Debris,dirt,spiders and even paint cleaning off and costs very little in supermarket own brand form too

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
<p>Tick wrote:
WOW! Those are rough. Cant wait to see your magic
<br /><br />Thanks, <br /><br />do not know whether I will restore them all though, thinking of send one possibly to Kees to work his magic on  if he will let me at some stage.<br /><br />Originally I knew I had been a bit dumb when a rather knackered transporter arrived via EBay, however I  then bought a couple more and have spend time working over some of the bits  which all in all should leave me with two decent ecossie's and one scrap condition wreck now.</p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 9 months ago #60

Platinum Boarder
I am Canadian but we use the same words, most times. Yes, Dish Soap. I use Sunlight, lemon scent and my wife uses Dawn, New Zealand Breeze at the moment, I think.
Does your stuff actually take of paint of just the flaky stuff I see? Must be harsh on the hands. Most of what we have over here is advertised as easy on your hands or most time helps keep your hands nice and soft or so they say in the ads. LOL