Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Great paint job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
<p>Looking really great</p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
<p>Really nice job, nice paintwork. I hope i can do the letters like you did.</p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Looking at it so far this word comes to mind Factory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys, I still have a few touch ups to do on this Race Transporter. I started to put it together yesterday but may have run into a problem with the window. I have to look at it today and see what I can do about that. Otherwise it is coming along great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
As Stuart says I found Kurust highly useful at my local Car Spares Centre (Halfords for those in the Uk) and have found it rather useful for treating the corrosion on an old bike that is in the process of being restored.

I bet that window unit Is a bit of a bind, looks like the blue thing in the picture Nobleco is holding up the gluey bit, only problem with glue is when I sticks to you or the part holding the window rather than where you want it to adhere to.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
I will have to ask at our local Automotive supply shop. See what they have.
The windows are tricky and yes you have to watch out for the glue. I got some on the window but in the end it was not a good fit and it messed up some more during the placement. I started over and cut out another window the same size but that did not work out either. I almost gave up but instead I too out the whole side of the window from front to back of the side window. Much easier to work with. Here are some pictures.

I then did some work on the interior. I have painted the replacement vise in dark blue and the handle, jaws and anvil at the rear are silver.
[/url]
[url=https://postimages.org/]

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Here is the body with the lettering touched up some more. I think that will do that. I have also done some touch ups on the body itself around the front grille. That is drying and I have assembled it and am waiting for all to dry for finished pictures.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
You can see the top ramp is in, the little pins on the sides at the front of the ramp hold it in.

You can see the pins better in these shots above
There is also a spring that has to go into the trough to hold the upper ramp in place. Then the window unit goes over top to hold it all in place. The first shot is ramp up. You can see the gap is large. The second shot is with ramp down for unloading the top deck and you can see the slot is narrow as the spring is compressed.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
When all is dry I will take the completed photos.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
I like my lights for drying.
Anyway all is dry but now that I have final pictures I can see a couple touch ups I have to do on the front bumper. Typical. Here we go.
Note the vise on the bench.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here we see the upper ramp in the up position after unloading at the track. Then it is in the down position to load the upper deck.
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
<p>The base is all that is left. I use grey primer and then clear coat
</p>
<p>Kees was right. Easy Open and Easy Close this one is. Even the sliding side door works really well and it is a reproduction I had to file and sand but in the end all worked out.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
that's f*ing well shiny lol love it!

I gather the window unit sits ok in position as it is now together and complete.

I have now acquired a second ecurie myself mildly better from the other one.

Good Job.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 11 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
<p>Been absent for a few days to see your large thread Jim. You choose the right colour which came out well. Glad I actually did not reply in between, because in the first set of pictures the yellow side lettering could have been a little better. I saw you did do something about that later and both sides are good now.  If you want to be picky the 'o' on the left side needs a little bit of yellow.</p>
<p>Glad you solved the glazing. As I remember with the last one I did I only did one window, and I suppose with yours there was glue in the wrong places.</p>