Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration

Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>This is done with the help of two donor trucks. One I got from I can't remember where years ago and the second also came from Cam in That Box I Got From Him.</p>
<p>It is first.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>You can see that I purchased a few parts for it. One of the sliding doors I found in Cam's Box has the top guide cut or broken off. I have the original top ramp but the bottom ramp is a reproduction.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
The first transporter is now taken apart. I have shown both interiors from the two models. Different colors. One window unit was no good so have to deal with the other that has a crack in it.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>You can see the crack in the window in the last picture. I was concerned with the bend in the rear of the truck. Top left is bent inward.
I also saw this bend in the top of the truck where the top ramp attaches.
Neither of which I liked.</p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
The other body is much more weathered but it was straight in the rear and the hole in the top for the ramp was only slightly bent. I am going to use this body and chassis for this build.
[url=https://postimg.cc/xcKm5LrH]

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #6

A good job, looking forward for the result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The ramp is in good shape.

The rest of the body will clean up nicely, I am sure.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I am repairing the window unit and I will show you that.
I am also buying 2 now bench vises and will paint them up. The one in the picture of broken.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>I had to join and sign in to get Postimage to work. Here is the top ramp, bead blasted.
</p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Now for the body.

I think I can work with this, it came out nice.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>Pictures #38 - 41 Primer the body and both ramps
Comments or criticisms welcome  </p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #12

a lot of intricate and well detailed castings and parts. It will be a stunning resto!

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well, there is not really much comment on this one. It seems complicated, but as you know it is not. The other casting can be used as wel in future I think. I wonder what you make of it. As you are more a restore-to-factory man, I don't think you will fill up the workspace or add a driver.....</p>

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>I find it a very interesting resto because i have the same for restoration.How are you going to do the letters 'ECURIE ECOSSE' on the both sides?</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi 1126 Ecurie Ecosse Race Transporter Restoration 1 year, 10 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I did a similar project using two to make one. I like the fact the model is easy to take apart and reassemble. I did not attempt to repaint though, I'm not experienced with that at all.
Your blasting and primer process looks great!
Looking forward to see how you painted it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness