Dinky 264 Cadillac RCMP Canadian Police Car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dinky 264 Cadillac RCMP Canadian Police Car

Re: Dinky 264 Cadillac RCMP Canadian Police Car 1 year, 11 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
excellent job and thanks for the grommet tool tip and suspension tricks ( a tin can is brilliant)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Dinky 264 Cadillac RCMP Canadian Police Car 1 year, 11 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Yes, tin can. I try to use ones that don't have all the ridges on the sides. Large Soup Tins or maybe the bottom of an Oyster or Mussel tin will work. Just needs to have some thickness rather than paper thin like some of the spring steel ones.

Re: Dinky 264 Cadillac RCMP Canadian Police Car 1 year, 11 months ago #18

that is a good solution. All the cans we have in the house have ribs.

Re: Dinky 264 Cadillac RCMP Canadian Police Car 1 year, 11 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Yes, most of our cans here also have ribs. If you use paint stripper or thinners that come in the pint to quart size tin can (oval or square shape) you can also use them. Just cut the top and bottom off and then down the seem at the back and viola, spring base metal for making suspension plates. Just have to find flat tin.

Re: Dinky 264 Cadillac RCMP Canadian Police Car 1 year, 11 months ago #20

I have such a tin. Good to bear this solution in mind

Re: Dinky 264 Cadillac RCMP Canadian Police Car 1 year, 11 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Now all you need is some tin snips to cut it to the right size and a drill to put the hole in the spring plate as well as the base plate for the model. If you can find smaller grommets it would look even better. These are the smallest I can find here. I have found larger ones too. These work well and add new life into your models with broken or saggy suspension.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: