Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977

Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 2 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hello, is there anybody who has some experience in the restoration of a Corgi Rockets lap counter 1977. I have one but it is not working. I opened it up and there is something broken. I hope i can fix it. But if there is somebody who has done this, all help welcome.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
what is the nearest gas station</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 2 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>It's working. I have glued the piece with superglue and put it back together. Just the spring is warn out. Maybe i can find a new spring.</p>
<p>
unique american boy names 2015</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 2 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>I don't need a new spring. I used the old spring,the yellow round disk over the spring. Then i have turned the yellow disk untill the spring has tension. Put the whole thing together and a working lap counter.</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 2 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Top notch, glad you got it working and it was not as hard as you first thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 2 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>I was thinking about a new spring but there was nothing wrong with the old spring. It needed just a little bit tension.</p>

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 2 years ago #6

very good!

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 1 year, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>This week another Corgi lap Counter, also broken. This counter had just the same problem as the first. I glued the litlle piece and put the counter back together. Now 2 lap counters for the races.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 1 year, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>Again, excellent. Nice to see these older broken toys brought back to life 49 years later. Must make you feel good to have these for your sets.I just found the lap counter on page 263 of the Great book of Corgi.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 1 year, 11 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>I also have the great book of Corgi. On page 275 you see The Corgi Rockets cars and the tracks. But nothing about Corgi Electro Rocket cars.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 1 year, 11 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I was pointing out the lap counter on pagew 263 at the top left of the page between the pictures of the cars and trucks and the buildings.
If you turn the page to 276 you will see the Corgi ElectroRockets in the middle left. It shows the Auto Charger for the cars.

Re: Corgi Rockets Lap counter 1977 1 year, 11 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>You're quite correct. I have missed that.</p>
  • Page: