Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!!

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>The wheel was respoked and straightened, and a new flat spring to the saddle applied.</p>
<p>The mechanic then made a ride!</p>
<p>
santander bank near me now</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>Picture taken at the right moment....</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>A feast for the eye.....</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Really nice to see this old bike working again. They are not easy to ride either. I have never been on one but I have seen video clips of people riding them. NO brakes either so plan your stop well ahead of time. Thanks Kees for all this.

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Jim, because these bikes were only into 'fashion' for about 15 years, they are indeed very special. Around 1880 the rear chain and air filled tyres were invented, so this 'ordinary' was then quickly replaced by the 'safety', the bike we know today.

True, they are not easy to ride, and no brakes, although at the end of the era a front brake was invented.

I don't remember if my penny farthing was in the garage when you visited. In winter time I store it on the first floor, see. Ah well, next time you visit I will show you how I ride it......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>I saw pictures you sent me of you riding it in a nice suit and hat I believe. All dressed for a presentation at the school you love so much. I think your PF was in the garage but we were talking about so many things it may have only got a short look. We talked models and you showed my your vacuum machine and all your parts etc on your workbench. Then the infamous bike ride to the school for a nice visit and some history. We will be back just don't know when yet. Not this year, too many other things going on to try to plan a trip. Next time, besides visiting Holland again, we want to tour Britain some. Preferably by car but I am not sure if Tracy likes the idea of me driving on the wrong side of the road. At least for you and Us it is the wrong side. I don't like bus tours so I have some convincing to do between now and maybe 2020 or 2021</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Yes, it is great to ride it in full costume. I will do that again this summer, because I have been asked to tell the school's story now and then.
I have been to the UK many times, and driving a Dutch/USA car there is more difficult then driving a rental UK car!

Re: The Repair Shop on BBC1!!!!! 2 years ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Well for starters your on the wrong side of the car for Britain and second you are much larger in your Mustang than most cars are and maybe some vans too. Hard to get around some of the English roads I would think when on coming traffic is a moving or delivery van.
Have fun at the story telling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: